Headlight ID

Guest 84TransAm

Guest 84TransAm

Hello, I signed up years ago, hung around then sort of drifted away, circumstances and honestly, a new acquisition, and business had me trying to remember my ID and login info. Well now that is sorted, I do have a couple questions. First one (the latter is another ID thread that I'll put up when I have pics of the item), is what is this headlight from?

A friend's stepmom has this headlight and wanted to sell it, I tried to ID it myself, but was stumped, I narrowed it down to mid 30s to early/mid40s domestic make, but while I can ID several cars at a glance, the details can escape me. So, what is this headlight? Year, make, model if possible. Having attended the Fall meet for several years, some one has to know. Thanks in advance.

post-58766-143142815699_thumb.jpg

post-58766-143142815673_thumb.jpg

Sealed beam headlights didn't come out till 1940 although many earlier lights were converted. This looks like either from a big truck in the 40s or an after market light to put on older cars to make the sealed beam conversion easier but the steep angle of the bracket makes me lean to the big truck guess.

Guest 84TransAm

Yeah, I was suspecting it was either converted, or an early sealed beam. Does anyone else have any input on what it might be? Typically when selling something the more info the better. The wiring is definitely on the older side.