A Better V-12?

abelincoln

After staring at the insides of the H-12 engine for almost a year, (hey! the end is in sight) I thinking if I had more money than I knew what to do with and a large shop that could make complicated castings, a better V-12 could be made just a bit wider and larger with:

7 main bearings

longer throw crank for increased stroke

individual crank throws for each cylinder for an even fire engine

bigger bore, I'd like to see about 350 cu in total

un-siamesed intake ports for individual port fuel injection

hotter cam, probably solid lifters

improved cooling

8.5:1 compression heads of Aluminum.

crank trigger spark

Other ideas? Or are we all happy with what we've got?

Abe

The best thing I know of in this real word is H&H Flatheads. They can make the old girl make more horses, but nothing like you (and I) would want. About 185 hp and unsure how much of a hand grenade it is. North of 25 grand for the work. I've got a pic of their blown v12 setting around here someplace. I'll post if I can find it.

I had H&H do a motor for me and it was horrible. 9 months late, first fire up spark plug shot out of head, pulled head and redid. Fired up again within 200 miles the keeper for one valve came loose hammering head and cracking an aluminum head. Pulled both heads and replaced with steel after putting new valve keeper, and valve in and now running gorgeous. They did not exceed the budget given which was no way close to the 25,000 quoted above. They have an excellent reputation with v8s and 4cyl but not with 12s