1935 KCL Dodge Truck Differential Ring and Pinion

Guest DaleSmith

Guest DaleSmith

Hi All,

Have just started doing up above and this is my first time on the forum so hi to everyone.

Opened up the Diff and found the pinion had a couple of teeth missing so I am looking to find either the ring and pinion set or a whole diff, have searched the web for hours and can't find a thing. Any help would be useful thanks.

Dale

Do the bolts holding the crown wheel on the carrier have bent up locking tabs? My 1930 DC does. They don't work. A bolt broke in mine and was pushed through the rear cover at the bottom. Luckily it didn't go through the pinion, which may be what happened to yours. Every bolt was loose in mine, even though all the tabs were bent up against their bolt. My rear cover had already been repaired for this failure too. I drilled and wired mine in pairs. Just something to be aware of...

Guest DaleSmith

Hi Jim, I am in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. The diff is 33 to 8 teeth as in a 4.125 to 1 ratio. It would probably be good to get the whole bolt in assembly as that would make sure they all fit with each other. Thanks Dale

Guest recycler

Dale Smith,

I am restoring a first series 1935 Dodge KC. I have some extra parts if needed. I have perfect set of ring and pinion gears, 8/32.

Cheers.

Guest DaleSmith
Dale Smith,

I am restoring a first series 1935 Dodge KC. I have some extra parts if needed. I have perfect set of ring and pinion gears, 8/32.

Cheers.

Hi Recycler,

It seems like they changed them from the first to the second series as mine is 8/33 but thanks anyway.