Matched Pair 1930's Control Cables

Wowabunga

With what looks like a wooden piece to be held onto something not in the picture by a carriage bolt I'm guessing it's not a "factory" configuration. Car knobs usually have a letter or something to indicate what they activate but I don't see anything on them. May or may not be for automotive application, is somewhat a homemade rig.

With what looks like a wooden piece to be held onto something not in the picture by a carriage bolt I'm guessing it's not a "factory" configuration. Car knobs usually have a letter or something to indicate what they activate but I don't see anything on them. May or may not be for automotive application, is somewhat a homemade rig.

I don't think that bar is wood.

Bar is cast... has hardware where the cable goes thru. Bought about 2 dozen cables at a estate sale, mostly 50's era, saved them from the scrappers truck. Being so long I can only hope they are off one of the 1920's classic luxury cars with those long noses. Hopeful... looking to buy a 2x axle trailer to vend out of. I'd better get busy and post some more unknown stuff.....