1927 EU Standard Six Build

Guest TomB

Greetings:

I have another question regarding our '27 EU Standard Six engine build. I know the timing cover is painted black; however, what color is correct for the timing plate? Is the timing plate also black, or is it some other color? Thank you.

Respectfully,

TomB

Hi Terry:

Sorry for the confusion. I am not talking about the small cover in the flywheel housing. I'm at the front end of the engine. If you remove the timing cover to expose the timing chain and gears, you will see the timing plate that attaches to the front of the engine. I'm in need of the correct color for the timing plate at the front of the engine. Thanks again.

Respectfully,

TomB

I think TomB is referring to the steel plate that attaches to the front of the engine that the aluminum timing chain cover bolts to. So, it sounds like the aluminum timing chain cover should be black but what about the edges and rear face of the steel plate? I would guess the same but have nothing to support that.

Scott

Hi Terry:

Sorry for the confusion. I am not talking about the small cover in the flywheel housing. I'm at the front end of the engine. If you remove the timing cover to expose the timing chain and gears, you will see the timing plate that attaches to the front of the engine. I'm in need of the correct color for the timing plate at the front of the engine. Thanks again.

Respectfully,

TomB

Should be black to the best of my knowledge, the timing chain cover also. Stude Light, I wish the cover was aluminum. Definitely cast iron.

EDIT What does your chain tensioner look like? I'm betting it's like mine - broken.

Terry

Edited by dictator27 (see edit history)