King Farouk Mercedes 540K found in France now in South Africa

HistoryBuff

This is not one of the sexy two seaters, but instead a four seater "C' model, I was trying to trace the history--I know it was found in France but don't what year and what it was bought for. I would have thought he brought it with him when he left Egypt, to live the Good Life on the Cote d'Azur but in a Mercedes website someone said Nasser had all his possessions sold in '54 including this car, The poster said it was in Egypt until 1988, which would mean it wasn't a barn find as old car values had shot up by then,Does anyone know more about this car (painted red, after which no car in Egypt was allowed to be the same color!

I found more.Although the King was forced to abdicate in 1952 and spent the rest of his life in exile in Monaco and Italy, the car remained untouched in Cairo until 1988. A French collector purchased 169387 at auction and stored it in a barn in France."

Does anyone have an e-mail address for the Mercedes Club of France--maybe their club historian remembers who bought it, and at what auction? Or maybe there's a Mercedes Owner's club in Egypt?