Look for Steampunk clothing. I bought round sunglasses, flip up lenes, my only vintage buy so far

Steampunk is a kind of movement where the time period of the late 1890s when things were steam-powered was rife with invention. Sort of like that Wild Wild West TV show where they'd have the first of everything, the first Gatling gun, etc. Overly ornate machinery with lots of brass. So far the only item I have that fits this is hornrim sunglasses, for which I paid $38 that have flip up sunglass lenses. I had my prescription per in the regular glasses part,so total investment was over $150 but I am glad to see I am ahead of the trend.

I wanted a high collar shirt, a la Woodrow Wilson but Ralph lauren's NY flagstore store wanted $295 so I guess I will try Steampunk though I hate to buy clothes by mail. I really think wearing period clothes to car events is a great way for more people to participate and for example

see Lord March's clothes restrictions for attending Goodwood Revival. He wants his whole event to be in period costume!