In car temp?

D-a-n-i-e-l

So My AC has never worked but that really had not been a concern of mine, being in the northwest. Now in Hawaii and all the other things I have done I will be getting it working, after I get my custom hose made.

But my worry here is that there may be something else wrong with the system. My car is and has always been quite warm inside. I am curious if anyone else has had or does have this issue. Also while on the topic, on econ mode how hard do:confused::confused::confused: the vents blow?

I have brand new everything in the system from heater core, condenser and blower.

Daniel

Guest ensign83

Myself, I find my '88 the best drafting and ventilating car I've owned, tho I'm glad she HAS AC...

ECON setting cools us well on all but the hottest days in So MD. So no, in teh short time I've been a Reatta jock, I'd say no. YMMV...

On fan setting HIGH, mine is a hurricane, so it stays on AUTO. Maybe I'm lucky?

Guest Mc_Reatta

Several things could be in play. The heater is always on in a Reatta so keeping hot air from coming into the interior is up to the blend mix door. Can check its operation thru diagnostics, but removal of the glove box and checking visually may be better.

The windshields in our cars give a tremendous capability for the greenhouse effect too.

Have you checked the evaporator front surface for debris? All airflow into the cabin goes thru it, so if it is clogged it will block the flow. There should be no difference between econ mode and normal mode as far as airflow is concerned. Believe Ronnie's site has Barney's procedure to inspect and clean the evaporator.

From the investigating I did with the programmer, I don't think there is a vent only setting in econ? The programmer moves the airflow around as it thinks it is needed. The suggestion of the evaporator is right on and may make a huge difference in the available airflow. As long as the solenoid valves in the programmer are operational, you can add an override connection to manually operate them by gounding the right hand terminal at the solenoid as viewed from the end with vacuum and electrical connections. I will say my car does a pretty good job in econ except on very hot or humid days.