1910 panoramic photo with 2 unknown cars...need help identifying please

Guest willow1822

Guest willow1822

This is a panoramic photo from Boiler Makers and iron ship builders union convention in 1910 here in St. Louis. I'm trying to figure out why the cars are in the photograph. Maybe the union helped manufacture them? I am having a hard time identifying the makes and models. I am also trying to figure out the building in the background. the pic is just part of the photo which is 45 inches long by 12 inches tall. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Kelly

post-104089-143142803701_thumb.jpg

The reason that I think the car on the left is a Model T is because of the radiator cap and the depressed steering wheel.

Hood's too long, T's with no front doors had straight, not arched, rear fenders, and you can see the end of a longitudinal eliptic spring at the rear. T's have transvers semi-eliptics in the rear. Not a T.

I'll sound like a broken record but -Car on left -ten spoke front, twelve spoke rear, large rear mounted brake drums, longitudinal semi elliptical springs - Looks like a 1910 Marmon Model 32 open front touring car. No help on the right side car. Can we see the rest of the pic??

Guest willow1822
I'll sound like a broken record but -Car on left -ten spoke front, twelve spoke rear, large rear mounted brake drums, longitudinal semi elliptical springs - Looks like a 1910 Marmon Model 32 open front touring car. No help on the right side car. Can we see the rest of the pic??

I'll get a better pic on tomorrow. I'll include the whole thing but it'll be in sections. Thanks for taking the time to go over these. I'm gonna list the photograph this week on Ebay. It is a union photo but the cars intrigue me. Why are they there? So many questions and so few answers. Thanks guys and gals! Wife is asleep is why i'm not doing it now. I can't see the options to do it correctly!!

Guest buickkuhn
Guest willow1822
I'll get a better pic on tomorrow. I'll include the whole thing but it'll be in sections. Thanks for taking the time to go over these. I'm gonna list the photograph this week on Ebay. It is a union photo but the cars intrigue me. Why are they there? So many questions and so few answers. Thanks guys and gals! Wife is asleep is why i'm not doing it now. I can't see the options to do it correctly!!

The photograph is on eBay now just look under boilermakers union photograph. But hers the rest if you just wanna see it here.

post-104089-143142818892_thumb.jpg

post-104089-143142818912_thumb.jpg

post-104089-143142818934_thumb.jpg

post-104089-143142818951_thumb.jpg

post-104089-143142818971_thumb.jpg

post-104089-143142818988_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...