Hows One To Know What This Fits?

Guest dodge34

I can't really imagine what either item is. Superchargers don't need to be timed. Those things are divided into 72 segments. Degree wheels are divided into 365 degrees. 72 doesn't go into 365. Every degree wheel, that I've ever seen, is just a sheet metal disk or, sometimes, cardboard.

Yeah, I muffed the math part. And, I'm pretty aware of Cragar and their history. CRAne GARtz was a scion of the Crane Plumbing Co. and was involved with Leo Goosen, Harry Miller, Harland Sharp and a lot of the old, big time, players. The Cragar head was, originally the Miller-Schofield head. Cragar was sold to Bell Auto Parts years ago and is now owned by Carlisle Tire.

I will agree that it is some sort of degree setting device, I just don't think it is a typical degree wheel that engine builders use. I'd like to know how big it is. If it weren't for the odd looking gizmo on the front and the lack of a trough hole, I would have figured it is a timing fixture that would be permanently attached to an engine.

Post your question on the HAMB. You'll probably have an answer in a few minutes