Removing the dash on my '37 Zephyr?

John_Mc

Guys the temp gauge, fuel gauge and dash lights do not work on my '37 Zephyr, plus it's nasty dirty behind there I'm sure. I would love to just pull the enchalada out of the car and get everything working properly and cleaned and then put it back in the car. Is this hard to do? Is it smart??? Thanks

Thank you, I will check throughly as you have outlined by removing the center console first and checking the routes of power from there. Believe me, no one respects the originality of a car more than me, anything that can be cleaned and saved will be. Also, to clarify, I'm quite familiar with not only old cars, having restored several over the decades, but what I am totally unfamiliar with are these Zephyrs and their V-12's. Any help is appreciated as I learn from experienced people like yourself.

Thank you fellas, from what I've read, it looks like only the console can be removed from the car. From what you all have written, I should be able to get at everything from there.

My '41 was bolted in and the challenge was getting the screw loose that bolts into the steering wheel lock. It had no slot but it does now. All that Jeff said was right on, except for the part about the neck ache you get while standing on your head working on the wiring. And thanks for the history lesson, Jeff. With all the great advice you give I know better than to **** you off now.