34000 gemmer steering box

odat

Jeff or Tom !!! can you help me with this question?

I think that it is the 30 and some of the 31s that had the 34000 box than it changed to the 20500. I may have that backwards though.

I also think that the 34000 box held up better and there may not be as much of a need for them.

Jeff's reply (I shoulda remembered this):

"I believe the 34000 Gemmer box was only used on the early series 16A cars (Harold's car has the Gemmer our 32 has the Ross). It is different from the 20500 box in that it has a double roller w/o side thrust bearings that fail in the 20500 early box. The later 16A, 16B and 19 cars all used the Ross box."

Dick- the question might be - can we find which other cars used the 20500 box?

Have you spoken to the stutz guys about the 215 box?

I have had Packard and Pirece clubs contact me. They use Gemmers but of a different model. I have also had a few contact me with some other makes but all are diffident .

it seem like Gemmer made many boxes for everyone. Sorry to say they are all very different. It would be interesting to find someone that worked for Gemmer and find out if they built to each marques design.

Because we are out of the 20500 kits the question needs to be asked: How many of you are willing to commit to buying a kit? We need many commitments before we make another run of these kits. Please let me know. Once we have enough commitments I will be asking for deposit's prior to placing the order.

Please contact me if you are interested in getting a 20500 kit.

Thanks, Bob Harrison