1928 Senior Six Dodge

aunty norm

The car was built in Australia in 1927, plus the car number was IS21462. The radiator is a fin and tubes type( McCord?)

When they tried to fit a new core to the radiator they totally destroy the top tank and dumped all the bits in the scrap bin. I have no idea what the top tank and baffles look like. If I did, I may be able to find someone to reproduce it for a price plus shipping. I tried to attached a few photos but no good!

So I must rely on the good hearted Dodge people to help me!

Edited by aunty norm (see edit history)

The car was built in Australia in 1927, plus the car number was IS21462. The radiator is a fin and tubes type( McCord?)

When they tried to fit a new core to the radiator they totally destroy the top tank and dumped all the bits in the scrap bin. I have no idea what the top tank and baffles look like. If I did, I may be able to find someone to reproduce it for a price plus shipping. I tried to attached a few photos but no good!

So I must rely on the good hearted Dodge people to help me!

I can attach photos for you if you want. Send them to me at keiser31@charter.net

John

• 3 months later...

Sorry I had to load these pics in 5 down loads but we have some what poor web service here , as one can see there was about 3 days work to reclaim this 2249 radiator after the "butcher " had had his go at it , but alls well I managed to save the original top tank and top plate and reproduced the top fittings as original . The radiator with modern core has a grater cooling ability than the original (we need here in Australia ) and now fits the original shroud correctly . A special thanks to DB2251 for the loan of a shroud and original radiator to allow me to get all things in there correct place .Regards Bob

Edited by robert b (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

G'Day Bob,

Thanks for your work on my 1939 Chrysler transmission today and as you can see I looked up your Dodge Senior Six radiator reclamation job, a great job too.

Thank goodness I am fortunate and close enough to avail myself of your vast Chrysler, Dodge, Desoto, Plymouth and dare I say Model A expertise.

Richard

Queensland, New South Wales State border, Australia