New Owner 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport

Guest njb65riv

Guest njb65riv

Hi , my name is Nick and i am in Los Angeles California , I just took delivery of my 1965 Riviera Gran Sport . I have been a member of this form for a few years and read it quite regularly and got allot of helpful information . I was wondering if someone out there has any information on the riviera i just got.

The car came with a ton of documents and the green 1965 owners protection plan book with the protect -O-plate still inside !. The original owner was Walter Compton from Elkhart Indiana and he bought the car on july 15 1965 at Lochmandy Buick in Elkhart Indiana ,Then it looks like a gentelman by the name of Richard Broadbent bought the car after that and i have some letters of him coresponding with the Riviera Owners Association (i assume he was a member) after that it look like i changed hands and was sold to Tim Rice In merritt Island Florida and Now to me ! The Car is Midnight Blue (EE) white a white interior (624) and it has a dark grey dash and console and carpets , The motor has the correct LX stamping and the Vin Stamping on the block that matches the Vin of the car as well as the correct transmission ,distributer and differental. I wanted to thank all the knowledgable people on this form because of you i had some great information in my Quest for a Real Gran Sport , This is my second 65 Riv my other one is a Turquoise Mist / Black that i purchased in2102 from Matt Harwood . I am super excited about my new addition and would love if anyone out there has any more additional information . This car was supposed to be auctioned off in january 2015 at the Dave Rupp Ft Lauderdale beach auction , but when i saw it in hemmings i couldn't wait for the auction , i had to have her !!! And now She's mine , i will post pictures as soon as i figure it out , Nick

Hi , my name is Nick and i am in Los Angeles California , I just took delivery of my 1965 Riviera Gran Sport . I have been a member of this form for a few years and read it quite regularly and got allot of helpful information . I was wondering if someone out there has any information on the riviera i just got.

The car came with a ton of documents and the green 1965 owners protection plan book with the protect -O-plate still inside !. The original owner was Walter Compton from Elkhart Indiana and he bought the car on july 15 1965 at Lochmandy Buick in Elkhart Indiana ,Then it looks like a gentelman by the name of Richard Broadbent bought the car after that and i have some letters of him coresponding with the Riviera Owners Association (i assume he was a member) after that it look like i changed hands and was sold to Tim Rice In merritt Island Florida and Now to me ! The Car is Midnight Blue (EE) white a white interior (624) and it has a dark grey dash and console and carpets , The motor has the correct LX stamping and the Vin Stamping on the block that matches the Vin of the car as well as the correct transmission ,distributer and differental. I wanted to thank all the knowledgable people on this form because of you i had some great information in my Quest for a Real Gran Sport , This is my second 65 Riv my other one is a Turquoise Mist / Black that i purchased in2102 from Matt Harwood . I am super excited about my new addition and would love if anyone out there has any more additional information . This car was supposed to be auctioned off in january 2015 at the Dave Rupp Ft Lauderdale beach auction , but when i saw it in hemmings i couldn't wait for the auction , i had to have her !!! And now She's mine , i will post pictures as soon as i figure it out , Nick

Pretty sure I have seen your new purchase at a couple of Riv meets. I almost bought it.... twice. A very striking color combo and as I recall the interior was in excellent condition. If yours is the same car I remember quite a few details about it because I inspected it thoroughly. PM me if you want any more info,

Tom Mooney

Guest njb65riv

David once i get her a california registration i will take a drive up the coast ! and tom thanks for the reply i sent you a PM

Hi , my name is Nick and I just took delivery of my 1965 Riviera Gran Sport .

Welcome Nick. Sounds like a nice car.

When I read your post, I had to chuckle. For some reason the intros for an AA meeting came to mind - no I don't belong - but "Hi I'm (state your name) and I'm a Riviera addict" just flashed through my brain. Sometimes I think that there are a lot of us who probably are Rivaholics and need "a friend" to keep us from going on a Riviera binge. I know that a friend would have been helpful to me more than once when I fell off the wagon and had to have another just to satisfy my addiction.

Are we going to have to start having Riv-anaon meetings? Problem is that there are probably no recovered addicts to guide us.

Ed

Guest njb65riv

Ed funny you say that , when i was writing it i was thinking the same thing , according to my wife i have a serious (riviera addiction ) problem !

Guest njb65riv

Chris , the color combo is amazing , I am very pleased with the car , it has a few things that need attention. But overall seems to be a great car , I am trying to figure out how to upload some pictures

Guest njb65riv

Mitch ,she's a bute , i bought my first 65 riv in 2012 and fell in love with them , after that my quest was for a 1965 riv gran sport , it has taken me 2 years of looking (i wanted black or midnight blue exterior and white interior ) i finally found her and i couldn't be happier , I have had allot of different cars over the years american classic as well as european , and i got to tell you the riviera always takes my breath away , and if had to choose only one car the 1965 riviera gran Sport would be right at the top of the list