Anyone have a picture I can use?

Guest perrymedik

Guest perrymedik

I am trying to re-assemble the Manifold Heat Control as the original had desintigrated. I took a picture of the original on my phone, but I got a new one last night and now can’t find it.

Does anyone have a picture of an assembled unit for a ’49 Plymouth Special Deluxe, or even better an expanded diagram that will show me how to put he pieces back together correctly?

My parts manual doesn’t arrive for a few more days, and I think I got the wrong one anyway. It looks like it just covers the P-15, and I’m working on a P-18.

Thanks!

<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Guest perrymedik

Yes, mine has a metal cover over the spring, which i believe is the counter weight. I am trying to figure out the order and direction that the spring goes on, as well as a thin piece of metal with what i believe is a piece of leather wrapped around the end. Just want to make sure I don't put this thing on backwards!

Any or as many pictures would help. Thanks!!

Cory <object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Guest perrymedik

One-Shot: Thank you for the pics! That is helpful!

I think I have figured out on area of confusion! If you look at picture 4 and 6 that you posted, you can see that the Head of the bolt is at the top with the end threading through the bottom piece. The replacement part I received has the threaded end tapped in the top with the intention of the head being at the bottom.

post-102699-143142799606_thumb.jpg

This leaves now way for that metal piece with the leather wrapped around it to be secured to the bolt since the head is at the bottom. Looks like I will need to find a nut to place on the end of the bolt so that I can affix that thing (what ever it is called, and no idea what it is for) in the proper position.

Guess i'm off to the auto parts store because, of course, I don't have the correct size nut lying around the garage! LOL!<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

One-Shot: Thank you for the pics! That is helpful!

I think I have figured out on area of confusion! If you look at picture 4 and 6 that you posted, you can see that the Head of the bolt is at the top with the end threading through the bottom piece. The replacement part I received has the threaded end tapped in the top with the intention of the head being at the bottom.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]277471[/ATTACH]

This leaves now way for that metal piece with the leather wrapped around it to be secured to the bolt since the head is at the bottom. Looks like I will need to find a nut to place on the end of the bolt so that I can affix that thing (what ever it is called, and no idea what it is for) in the proper position.

Guess i'm off to the auto parts store because, of course, I don't have the correct size nut lying around the garage! LOL!<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

I believe it is called a "counter weight" and it's purpose is to close the heat riser opening when cold.

Guest perrymedik

Oh, I thought the large metal piece/cover was the counterweight.<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Oh, I thought the large metal piece/cover was the counterweight.<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Yes, you are correct. I guess I was slightly confused as to which piece you were referring to.

Guest perrymedik

I'm trying to figure out what to call that small piece of metal strip with leather wrapped around it that attaches to the bolt.

Here is what it looks like.

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/perrymedik/media/1949%20P-18%20Rebuild%20Project/IMG_3535.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/perrymedik/media/1949%20P-18%20Rebuild%20Project/IMG_3534.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Guest perrymedik

Guest perrymedik

Yeah, the OEM piece has a metal band around it. I could probably wrap a wire tie around it or something more heat durable.<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>