Return Fuel Line and 3 way filter

VickyBlue

I run a 1/4" steel line from the fuel filler neck to the base of the carburetor. (For those who don't know me, I am running an Edelbrock 1406 WITH the stock air filter. Electric fuel pump.) I used a Wix 33100 3 way fuel filter. I checked for leaks and I had none. I turned the key on and I could hear the gas "circulating" between the lines, up through the feed line and back through the return line into the tank. Ice cold fuel filter (it was early in the morning, fuel tank of gas) but zero fuel pressure. I did not want to spend the extra $95 and get the return regulator, so I figured I would try the 3 way filter. I know at least one person here (Aaron65) that has done the 3 way filter, just don't know if a regulator was used.

I ended up returning the filter and installed a replacement, inline. I could not figure it out, the weather was nice and I just wanted to drive.

What am I missing?

Guest buickkuhn

The edelbrock carb prefers 5 psi , that float level is a sensitive one . The carter or wahlbro 3/8" frame mount electric fuel pump is around that 5 psi mark - also doesn't matter for the dead head effect .Most holley blue pumps put out 7-9 psi , they do make a holley hp 125 self maintained at 9 psi ( I think that is a touch too much for the edelbrock ) . good luck