Gasoliine Gauge Repair 2249 Senior

Ron Lawson

Hi I have just finished repairing the dash gauge from my 2249 Surprise Surprise the pot metal innards of my gauge is sound with NO sign of crumbling YET The main problem was that I never had the Spindle that the Needle attaches to but once I got one there was still the pointer needle to get After not having any luck in finding a gauge with a pointer needle (I did buy one off E bay but the needle vanished funny that) So to solve the problem of the pointer I ratted an old Amp meter and used the pointer from it It is a very fiddly job as the pointer is sandwiched between 2 tiny brass collars on the spindle and once these are disturbed they don't seem to want to stay tight and hold the pointer in the correct position (only 1 collar was removed from the spindle) So to solve this problem once I got it set up a small dob of super glue solved the problem I havn't tested it as yet as the tank unit is still not quite finished I hope tat this has been helpful to those wondering what to do for a pointer needle Cheers and Happy Restoring Ron