Introduction / New guy here.

Hello - Bought a 1948 Traveler a couple of months ago and have started the process of getting it back on the road again. My wife Nancy and I had been looking for a car to take on road trips that is a wee bit faster than our 29 Ford Model AA truck. We figure a period tear drop camper behind the car will be just the ticket.

The car is mostly complete, runs and drives. How far and fast I don't know yet because all of the wheel cylinders and master cylinder needed to be replaced. Hard to go on a test run when you can't stop. Only thing left for me to do on the brake system now is to replace all of the brake lines. The lines are probably... still serviceable but I went this far replacing and repairing everything else so why chance it. Lots of other stuff to do but heck that's half the fun.

The picture is how it looked when I found it. I have all of the parts and rest of the wood for the roof deck but none of the screws. Seems that the now deceased husband of the woman I bought it from was in the process of restoring it. I'm sure they are all in a can or jar someplace but we can not find it. Darn!

Dave

post-103975-143142794595_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure that I'll have lot's of questions for you. I'll contact Dennins to see if he can get me some information on the screws. I agree stainless is probably the way to go. All I need is a good look at the two styles of screws used and I can go from there.

I'm getting over the overwelmed feeling of trying to learn about a "new" car. I have to remember that I had the same feelings when I started the restoration of the 29 Ford and it turned out well. And yes 28 Chrysler I am looking forward to a smoother ride.

Fun stuff this hobby.

Dave

post-103975-143142796052_thumb.jpg