1931 Model A woody truck

Guest Packardsforever

Guest Packardsforever

This truck is at a local auction near me. What are they worth? I want to bid but don't know the current market value on these. It's in excellent condition.

How about some pictures so we know what we're supposed to be looking at! It's probably a home made truck but photos will tell. If it's home built it only worth what you want to pay for it. I think by '31 there were very few all wooden trucks with Ford running gears. HD express trucks still had wooden bed sides covered with sheet steel. There were some specialty bodies by other body companies but I doubt that many of those survive. If it's not an original truck ,I'd suggest that you look for a real Model a body style if you want to invest in one.

That's a home made version of a station wagon that Ford never made ,to the best of my knowledge. I have never seen a version like this from an original body builder of the time on a Ford chassis. If it's nicely done it would be a fun car but not an authentic "A". If you're seriously interested, make him an offer that you think is worthwhile. Me, I'd rather spend my money on a real "A" that should hold it's value both historically and financially better than any home built unit. If it could be documented as an original custom body build from 1931 then it could be worth the usual going price for this type of a "A". Incidentally, all Ford wagons were painted Manila Brown with black enamel fenders and splash aprons. '30-'31 wagons also had Manila brown body hardware. Just my opinion.