Mopars from 1914 to 1950s, cars and trucks-if you have the build cards or such-please share.

post-72422-143142793591_thumb.jpg

Dave hope this helps, 1933 Plymouth PD

Plant is Detriot serial # 2,000,001 to 2,186,951

RHD Rumble Seat Coupe 9/6/33

Motor PD 1001 to PD 195997

Shipped to Johannesburg 9/12/33

There are 2 ways of ordering a build card, a direct copy or a copy with decoding

http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/company/Heritage/Heritage%20Documents/Chrysler%20Historical%20Services/Build_Record_Order_Form.pdf

Edited by TomP
link (see edit history)

My two 1931 Dodge business coupe build cards....

Interesting that both cars were ordered with wire wheels, but both were delivered with wood spoke wheels.

The first car has 2 door hinges. The second car has 3.

Built 12 days apart.

It is my belief that during this 12 day period is when the Dodge Brothers cars went from the "shooting star" radiator cap to the "leaping ram" cap.

post-37352-143142793826_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142793855_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142793875_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142793884_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Interesting that both cars were ordered with wire wheels, but both were delivered with wood spoke wheels.

The first car has two door hinges. The second car has three. Built 12 days apart.

I also find that interesting, the early photos I have on mine shows 34 steel artilleries, I wonder if it was any thing to do with the rubber stamp they used?

I also find that interesting, the early photos I have on mine shows 34 steel artilleries, I wonder if it was any thing to do with the rubber stamp they used?

I think that it may have had more to do with it being right in the middle of the Great Depression and the Dodge Boys used whatever they had on hand. I guess we'll never really know why they did what they did.

I think that it may have had more to do with it being right in the middle of the Great Depression and the Dodge Boys used whatever they had on hand. I guess we'll never really know why they did what they did.

This may seem very simple minded but you've touched one of the main reasons I find the research and study of the Dodge Brothers brand during this time frame so interesting. Seems like almost every vehicle produced within the brand was different in some way... no matter what the model was.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest danceswithpumps

I believe, back in the day, many states initially titled the vehicle that current year. in other words, although it was built in 29 of July, not sold and titled until 1930, it was referred to thereafter as a 1930.

Rod

Nebraska

I believe, back in the day, many states initially titled the vehicle that current year. in other words, although it was built in 29 of July, not sold and titled until 1930, it was referred to thereafter as a 1930.

Rod

Nebraska

Yes. A VERY common practice.