Value/ Desire of a 1970 Chrysler Town & Country 9 Pass Wagon

I have a friend of a neighbor that recently passed, and spouse is looking to sell a 1970 Chrysler Town & Country 9 Pass Wagon, Beige/ Tan with Wood Side Panel. All Original Paint & Interior, Garage kept, One owner. Hoping to go by this weekend and take a close look at it maybe get some pictures and more information. Not sure what engine, but assume it is the 383. Will find out.

Question 1: What is the Desire/ Demand for one of these Cars, as well as the Selling Price Range they should look at.

Question 2: What should I look at in particular to help Value the car ?? Milage, Color, Condition, etc.. Any Special Features to look for or options to check for ??

ANY and ALL help would be appreciated, also They are looking to Sell it to a GOOD HOME, someone that will Value it and Keep it in Shape and Enjoy it most of all...

Any questions, feel free to ask me....

Thanks for the Help !!

It would be a very desirable car to me, and to other Mopar fans. The Chrysler Town and Country was the top of the line station wagon in the Mopar show rooms, basically a Chrysler New Yorker with a station wagon body.

The standard engine was a 440 cu in 375HP job, shared with Imperial and New Yorker.

Old Cars Price Guide sets a price of $2500 to $5000 depending on mileage and condition. If it was in tip top shape and needed nothing, it would be at the higher end. If it has been out of commission and needs new tires, battery, and other repairs to put it on the road, it would be at the lower end.

Pretty much everything was standard equipment on those cars. The main thing to look for is condition and completeness. Damaged or missing parts are hard to get, for bodies, upholstery and trim. Such things as engines, suspension, brakes were shared with other models and are mostly available from your local parts store or Chrysler dealer.

I like the "fuselage" style Chrysler was featuring then, and feel the station wagon carries it particularly well, with a sleek powerful look quite different from the utilitarian looking wagons others were making.

Unfortunately to the general public, station wagons and sedans are not as desirable or valuable as the Road Runner, Charger, or Chrysler convertible type of cars.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)