Dearborn Michigan car collection craigslist

Guest buickkuhn

Anyone looking at the ad can 'flag for removal' and it will be taken off, maybe a jealous looker or just messing with someone.

It takes a certain number of requests for removal, to avoid a single person from doing this. It's possible if they had it listed in multiple locations that craigslist removed it themselves for overposting violation.

I wish I was in a position to take on another project since this is right near me. Judging by the price on that Electra, I'm thinking prices may be very reasonable, too.

I have been to the collection and have done business with the current owner. Yes, the collection does exist and the current caretaker is quite accommodating. The bulk of the remaining cars are 1970s and 1980s Cadillacs and Lincolns. Most are extremely low mileage and clean cars which have been sitting unused for many years. This collection has been on and off the market for the past year or more and is well known to collectors and dealers in the Detroit area.

I have never heard of this guy. I use to haul Tom Monagham cars in the 80s when i had a fleet of tow trucks and a resto shop. He was a neat person to work with. Flew with him in his chopper once to the Tigers ball park to watch a game. He had owed the Tigers Team at the time. I would pick up or deliver vehicles at his farm

(Domino's Farms)on rt.14 and 23 near Ann Arbor. He was a collector himself. The last car I hauled for him was a 30s? Bugatti.

Just for conversation, this collection was highlighted on our morning local news. They provided the address but it was covered so fast I did not get a chance to write it down. Based on the story I'm thinking that there could be quite a few people in attendance, I though will not be one of them. Scott...

Guest buickkuhn
The sale is legit, I am going there Sat to look at the '65 and '66 Imperial converts, The seller took a few days to get back to me with an address, but came through. I'm sure he has had quite a few e-mail responses. I'll try and post pics after my visit.

Maybe a update today after you go there ?

I have never heard of this guy. I use to haul Tom Monagham cars in the 80s when i had a fleet of tow trucks and a resto shop. He was a neat person to work with. Flew with him in his chopper once to the Tigers ball park to watch a game. He had owed the Tigers Team at the time. I would pick up or deliver vehicles at his farm

(Domino's Farms)on rt.14 and 23 near Ann Arbor. He was a collector himself. The last car I hauled for him was a 30s? Bugatti.

Dave is this the car in this video ?

In 84/85 I worked at Domino's for extra part time money here in the Phoenix metro area. That year I became a Tigers fan for the first time in my life simply because Tom was such a well respected man and leader of the company. His is a great story that doesn't get much attention but the video shows how humble and honorable the man is. I believe the car was a 31/32' Bugatti Royale

Here's some info I found on the car:

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/243.cfm

"The six Royales still exist in various collections. The most famous of these is car # 6, the Berline de Voyage. It was originally bought by Briggs Cunningham and eventually found its way, in 1985, to Tom Monaghan (of Domino Pizza fame) for the reported sum of $8,100,000. It now is in the hands of a Korean investor".

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Yes-Dave

That was the car-That car was big big big!!!! Mr Tom was a real cool guy. He would invite my family on his farm before the doors would open to the public. His staff really treated my kids and wife like royalties. Good memories and thanks for sharing that video. Never realized that he had went in that direction.

Guest buickkuhn
The sale is legit, I am going there Sat to look at the '65 and '66 Imperial converts, The seller took a few days to get back to me with an address, but came through. I'm sure he has had quite a few e-mail responses. I'll try and post pics after my visit.

Update , was it good , did you like what you seen ?