Gas tank for a 53 buick Roadmaster

Guest Geoffrey Garth

Guest Geoffrey Garth

Does anyone have one, or know where I can get one that is acceptable or have a suggestion as to how I can get something under there that will work?

Thnaks,

Geof

I have one I just pulled from a 1953 Special (same tank as the Roadmaster) but it has about an inch of shellac and tar in the bottom from gas that was allowed to sit in it for decades. No rust or dents that I can see, but it would take some serious work (and chemicals) to clean out. There are places that can do that--they cut the tank in half, clean it out, and weld it back together. I'll give it away for free if someone will pay the expense of boxing it up and shipping it from zip code 75452 (Leonard, Texas).

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Guest Geoffrey Garth
I have one I just pulled from a 1953 Special (same tank as the Roadmaster) but it has about an inch of shellac and tar in the bottom from gas that was allowed to sit in it for decades. No rust or dents that I can see, but it would take some serious work (and chemicals) to clean out. There are places that can do that--they cut the tank in half, clean it out, and weld it back together. I'll give it away for free if someone will pay the expense of boxing it up and shipping it from zip code 75452 (Leonard, Texas).

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Pete,

Thanks. If I strike out I may be back to you.

Geof

These new tanks are listed as fitting 1941 through 1954 Buicks. Does anyone know why they would not fit a 1956 Buick Special? The chassis and body are virtually the same as the 1954s. The dimensions they give for the new tank are within 1/2 inch of the one I need to replace on a 1956 model 49 (1/2 inch longer from front to back, but side and depth and distance to filler neck appear to be the same).

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

I bought one for my 51 Roadmaster, new Tanks Inc. $280 free shipping

Ebay same price free Shipping Tanks Inc was not free shipping I called and asked if they would

match the Ebay and they did. I wanted to buy direct from Tanks Inc

The had 1 size but the fill tube had 4 different spots to choose. Fit perfect, fill tube they provided

is a little short. Will be saving off old tank to get the lenght .Remember OEM had a soldered fill tube Tanks Inc connects with a

rubber connecter

Thanks, I will try Bob's Automobilia, assuming that is the Bob's you mentioned?

Geof

Yes, Bob's Automobilia. I think they are the same tanks from Tanks. Inc. Also after looking through my receipts, I actually purchased mine from Tanks, inc. Sorry for the confusion!

Here's the one I got for my '53 Super 2 Door:

1- B1-C 1941-54 GM Fuel Tanks - Fits Many Models) @ $250.00 = $250.00

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=130/category_id=102/mode=prod/prd130.htm

• 4 weeks later...