Very Rare 1935 Hupmobile 517-W Sedan. All original and a Great HPOF Car

This super rare 1935 Hupmobile 517-W Sedan was recently removed from long term storage. The body is super straight top to bottom and front to rear. There is no evidence of any rust or damage anywhere. The paint is mostly all original and well preserved including the original striping and cleans up very well with good gloss, etc. . The original interior is also very intact and well preserved. The chrome, glass, stainless, gauges, etc are in really nice original condition as well. The car is complete with all of its correct lights, hood ornament, etc. It retains it original VIN tag as well as its original Murray body tag. The car has not run in many years and we haven't had a chance to get it running yet, but that could well happen in the near future. This car can certainly be serviced and enjoyed as is. It would be a great preservation car and would certainly make an unusual tour car as well. When have you seen another one? We are asking 17,500.00 for the car and it is located in Ann Arbor, MI. Clear and current title. Please call 734-730-4274 or email: motoringicons@hotmail.com for more information.

post-31738-143142791968_thumb.jpg

post-31738-143142791984_thumb.jpg

post-31738-143142792004_thumb.jpg

post-31738-143142792025_thumb.jpg

post-31738-143142792047_thumb.jpg

post-31738-14314279206_thumb.jpg

post-31738-143142792082_thumb.jpg

post-31738-143142792103_thumb.jpg

post-31738-143142792122_thumb.jpg

post-31738-143142792137_thumb.jpg

post-31738-143142792151_thumb.jpg

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

It may be my browser but the pictures show up way too big - I need to scroll a lot both horizontally and vertically to view them. I commented on this in the Tech section immediately after the switch over (a lot of posts give me problems, some don't) and was basically told it was my problem. Takes a lot of enjoyment out of the site and there have been a couple of cars I have really wanted to look at the pictures but there is not way to download the pictures to make them viewable. I am not sure what the solution is but it is frustrating.

• Like 1

It may be my browser but the pictures show up way too big - I need to scroll a lot both horizontally and vertically to view them. I commented on this in the Tech section immediately after the switch over (a lot of posts give me problems, some don't) and was basically told it was my problem. Takes a lot of enjoyment out of the site and there have been a couple of cars I have really wanted to look at the pictures but there is not way to download the pictures to make them viewable. I am not sure what the solution is but it is frustrating.

Yep....they are a bit large which makes them hard to see by trying to scroll around. Quite a few photos lately are like that. Very irritating.

• Like 1

Yes, when I went back to some of my own postings, and other older postings and the pictures are huge. It happened with the new system changeover. Like I said, when I reported it, it was made quite clear to me that it was my problem. When I went back and tried to explain it again it was still my problem so I gave up. No point in fighting city hall, It just makes it difficult to visualize.

• Like 1

May this have to do with our devices ? I have , and occasionally had this problem even before the changeover. I use an iPad mini and yahoo. Other idiosyncratic maladies sometimes disappear when I use more robust computers. I know far too little about computers. C

I like the large photos. They really show everything about the car nice and clear. If I was considering buying this or any other car, these are the types of photos I would want a seller to post. Also, these large photos keep me from getting my "cheater" glasses out!

I viewed this Hupp prior to the upgrade. the pix were NOT this size.  In some instances I have to scroll over to get to the 'next ' button. which was more convenient in the old software as well. There have been no upgrades on my PC.

Gentlemen, while not a fix for the photo problem, a work around.  If you open the first picture and use your screen settings to reduce it to a viewable size (75% worked for me) you can then use your arrow keys to move picture to picture.  The detail is still good, and you can always zoom back in on a specific area if need be.

Anne

Here is how I do it . Click on photo. Hold your control button down ( bottom left on key board ) and use your scroll wheel on your mouse to make photo the size you want. I use this all day long on other forums also. Makes those small photos big also !

Huh !!

I like to learn new things.

I would have never thought to try anything like that.