replacing window rollers

alini

I ordered replacement rollers for the rear windows, mine had alot of slop in them or didnt roll well causing them to bind. I have the replacement and the concept is pretty basic. Whats the best tool to use to 'rivet' the pin in place??

I just figured out how to put power to my windows with a cordless drill battery to get them down into the doors & quarters. My rear windows also presented the same problems as yours, a little WD-40 helped for now. But I'm sure new rollers is not a bad hop.

I will be watching to see what advise you get & I hope you report back with your process.

Who did you buy new rollers from?

P.S. your rain gutter removal tip worked, thx

Mine are beyond WD-40. The 20 years of sand in the rollers they are frozen, I might be able to get them free but I have two that wobble badly on the shafts, so I figured I would replace them all. I just need to figure out the best way to 'mushroom' the top of the pins. I have a few ideas, at this point I think its just gonna be trial and error. I got them from Cars

Chris, I recently installed new hinge pins in my old Ford pickup and had to mushroom the ends; did a google on doing rivet heads and found that the ball end of a ballpeen hammer does them real well. Don't know if that would work in your case with the plastic rollers underneath though.

Steve

I was able to recrimp the existing rollers and I soaked them overnight and they move alot better now, but not perfect. The replacement rollers from Cars have a recessed head into the roller so crimping them into the window frame would have been a challenge, the original ones are flush with the roller so crimping them was easier. I have the windows in and adjusted, run up and down with a cordless drill battery. Ordered the replacement seals for the vent windows, so front windows next weekend.