1934 ford fordor steering components

Guest ralyeag

Guest ralyeag

I have a 1934 Ford fordor V-8 model, and it is lacking the steering components from the steering wheel to the drag link/spindle connection. Would like to purchase the whole assembly, and I am assuming that the transmission shift mechanism would be included with this? Also, would it be uncommon for this vehicle to have a floor shift? I would prefer to use a floor shift, and I am not stuck in a "pure original" restoration on this vehicle. I would like to end up with a near stock appearing car when finished. In fact, I am also looking for suggestions for a complete interior for this as well. I am sure there are many other parts I will need for this as the months go by, so if you have other parts related to the interior,windows, etc, I maybe interested in those as well. For now, it would be nice to get the car rolling and steering. By the way, I also lack the pedals, but I would like to put the later hydraulic brakes on this utilizing vintage components from a late 30's/early 40's vehicle that will bolt to my original spindles. Unsure what components I might need for that. Suggestions regarding this would be very welcome. In advance, thank you one and all for guidance and connections regarding this project.

Edited by ralyeag (see edit history)

Guest mikeburch

ralyeag .........................

Your 1934 FORD, did, originally come with a floor shift.

The parts that you need, are not particulary rare, but just hard to find, when you need them. There are, probably, "hoarders", in your area, who have everything that you need.

I would suggest that you join the "EARLY V8 FORD CLUB" and find out if there is a chapter in your area.

I'm sure that the club members would help you to find your parts.

Thank you,

mikeburch