Brake swap

Seth Rose

Anyone have a write up on switching from the tevees to just a normal booster? Or is it even possible? my tevees crapped out and I don't wanna spend a lot on a new one so I'm going to go to the local wrench and go and get a booster master cylinder and pedal assembly off a park ave or regal

after some reading I see that a lot of you guys dont recommend this swap. I realize the teves system that is on it is a good system the best for the time but this isn't going to be a daily driver car autocross is what I would like to set it up for and my teves is smoked beyond repair leaks around the pump and it just seems easier to swap to the vacuum booster. thanks for your input Daniel!

If you are leaking around the pump it could just be a bad O ring causing the leak. If you remove the pump system you can remove the pump from the housing and check the O ring. I had a bad pump system on my 88, and it was far cheaper to replace it with known good part then to retro fit another. Got my part from Jim Flinn and was about 100 for pump with motor.

That was the original plan when I stopped driving the car 3 years ago but the pump is junk it quit working and for some reason the front brakes locked up completely. That's when I parked it. I've even thought about doing the abs swap that Daniel did. And if I can I will but if I can't find one a vaccum system without and would be fine with me.

Seth, you are going to autocross a Reatta? What else would run in the same class with it? Many moons ago I autocrossed a 66 mid engine 427 Corvair. I have always thought that my 90 Reatta handled "kinda sporty" on the highway, but never thought of one for autocross. Let me know how that works out if you will please.

after some reading I see that a lot of you guys dont recommend this swap. I realize the teves system that is on it is a good system the best for the time but this isn't going to be a daily driver car autocross is what I would like to set it up for and my teves is smoked beyond repair leaks around the pump and it just seems easier to swap to the vacuum booster. thanks for your input Daniel!

Well I'm eyeballing a air ride kit for it as well if that makes me sound even more dumb. Lol and it's a street car class that they run one Saturday out of the month over at the airport. He shuts it down and sets up a course so laugh if you want that's ok I just wanna try it!