1962 Chevrolet. Answering the tough questions like “Which...

I think the "Bass Bug" represents the Greenbrieir Sports Wagon best. This is kind of an ink blot test if you ask me.

Very interesting 1962 piece, looks like it was was a mailer, was it? I have a 1962 Chevrolet piece I think that ties in with this outdoor theme. It was directed to sales managers and sent in late April of 1962, for ideas to boost sales in May and June, or "slower showroom traffic months" and it was to set the show room up with the station wagon and van line and set up up summer vacation accessories, such as tents, camping equiptment, fishing poles and alike. Then try to promote a local fishing contest or similar outdoor event, and awarding the props used in the display as prizes given out at the close of the contest in the showroom. It streesed that not all items had to be given away and they can stored for similar contest and for the dealer to make this an annual event, awarding the left over prizes the next year.It even went as far to discribe how to set up the used car lot with similar style vehicles at a lesser price then the new ones inside. It was a great time in American history.

Did not mean to bore everyone, just love this stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

BiscayneJohn, this piece is 11" wide & 5 1/2" high. There is no place left blank to place an address label so unless this was placed in an envelope it was not a traditional mailer.

John_S -- we rarely have the time to visit the forums. All of our posts in this sub-forum are posted automatically from our Tumblr blog. The next time you visit the library remind me to show you the piece.