Counts Kustoms 41 buick ?

Guest buickkuhn

Guest buickkuhn

I seen an episode of Counts Kustoms this past season where he purchased a 1941 buick with a 409 engine in it to flip . I have been google searching trying to find what they did to it . Some of his designs are for that special customer , fur interior , scallops , and gold flake inlay . If there is a link out there my girls are asking to see pictures of it . They wanted him to redo it as original colors with no air bag effect , I think that would be the path it will go tho .

I can't watch any of those type of shows anymore. That probably sounds like I can't appreciate hot rods, but that's not the case for me. I think that 41 Buick looks pretty damn good the way it sits. And if it had to have a Chevy motor, a 409 is pretty cool way to go in my book. What I can't stand are the scripts where they banter around buying cars for dirt and then some dude shows up and pays multi tens of thousands. Gas Monkey garage is the worst. At least at the Counts' it looks like they do a nice job building the car out. And I agree with you. That car is not going to get original colors.

Guest buickkuhn

I have to say the one thing that I say no to is "FUR" interior . I bought a dodge truck (to resell ) that was "fur'd" all over . ended up being glued in with liquid nails type glue / aborted the truck dismantled it and junked the rest with the fur . His shop does make some beautiful rides , remember boyd coddington's show about speed and covering the entire car in a layer of bondo to make it smooth as glass . like to see if those cars have held up over the years .

I can't watch any of those type of shows anymore. That probably sounds like I can't appreciate hot rods, but that's not the case for me. What I can't stand are the scripts

X2. Even if a good one showed up (poor Jay) the stigma of what is out there is worse than anything you could track into the house on your shoe.

TV today, for those of us whom remember, is like the aluminum window and siding industry of the 1950's.

Bernie

I like all of these shows just because I like cars. You have to completely ignore anything to do with money, whether it's purchase price, sales price, cost of parts or labor, because none of that is in the least bit realistic. If it was, the general public wouldn't watch and the shows would fail.

They usually buy a car for way too much, say they spent $5000 on doing whatever it is they do to it, when it would have really been $20,000+, and sell it for triple what it's really worth.

Guest buickkuhn

Sometimes I use these shows as a reality check for my kids to tell them do think that is acceptable . Most of the time they answer "NO" . Everyone has to admit though , any interest from this next generation of auto boys and girls is good interest .