vehicles found in the woods

Guest buickkuhn

Guest buickkuhn

Recently posted on here was a pictures of a buick found in canada , I figured this would be a great way to see many different vehicles in the woods left behind (also forgotten dreams too on paved ground) . So post your pictures and general location (state) so we can see the differences on how the rotting process takes effect over the years . Also as long as it is not my car rotting I'm ok with looking at the pictures . ___________ this charger is at a mini storage I helped a friend at in Michigan - what a shame

post-103843-143142788016_thumb.jpg

post-103843-143142788019_thumb.jpg

post-103843-143142788023_thumb.jpg

This is a fire truck that was on the backside of a junk yard in Michigan

Same American LaFrance that I have. If it still has the pump in it there is over 800 pounds of brass.

The V-12 Lycoming engine has some value as well. If it had the original air cleaners I found that there there would be some value on those. as well.

Is this up for parts?

Guest buickkuhn
Same American LaFrance that I have. If it still has the pump in it there is over 800 pounds of brass.

The V-12 Lycoming engine has some value as well. If it had the original air cleaners I found that there there would be some value on those. as well.

Is this up for parts?

Yes - as conversation went on I asked how much for hole thing and they said $700 (basically scrap wieght ) located in davison Michigan

Guest buickkuhn

These are exactly what I figured would be posted , and it is a shame . I was younger thought all these old cars moving slow and not in a hurry were a waste . Now I am that slow person in that old car that won't speed it up to allow the others to get on there day . I love my 41 buick with a family passion and that car is a part of me . Maybe someday some of these pictured can be saved and enjoyed also loved .

Yes - as conversation went on I asked how much for hole thing and they said $700 (basically scrap wieght ) located in davison Michigan

Thanks for the reply.

A little far from home for me, the brake booster can is under the front floor and if the truck is sitting on dirt is probably as bad as mine.

If you ever get over there again take a look under the passenger floor for a large aluminum can.

With a days worth of cleaning I cleared over a thousand in brass. The radiator is huge as well and i am going to clean radiators sometime soon as I have about 30 of them collecting dust.

There seems to be miles of copper on these things as well.

Make sure you are having fun !!

If you can get the air cleaners cheap there are guys on this forum that will make you good offers for them.

Hi there,

nice pictures of cars in the wood!

try this one.

http://www.autoforum.be/showthread.php?59719-Chatillon

I have never seen cars in as bad a shape as the ones in that thread. It's amazing how badly those cars have deteriorated. I could understand the condition if they were located near the coast but they are nowhere near even a large body of water. I've seen a large accumulation of old cars in a Massachusetts forest many years ago that most were there for at least 30 years and none of them where in the condition of these Belgian cars.

Guest buickkuhn
the cars in that Belgium yard are all gone

I have a museum about that yard and I am writing a book about the history of that yard

it was great to be there

jan

__ Any way to keep the word out to the mindless that go buy their 2014 escalade's . They would not have some of those luxuries if it wasn't for our cars and trucks that started the ball rolling .

Guest buickkuhn

These last pictures were from a closed down junkyard that the sons had a auction to sell stuff off (this was around 8 years ago ) to this day there is still stuff there not for sale .

post-82877-143142800805_thumb.jpg

The fellow in Texas would not sell the wagon but I was able to find this original big block Biscayne in New Mexico and bring it home . Now I am storing it and some day it will be a barn find as I have lost interest in the newer cars.

post-82877-143142800494_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142800507_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142800518_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142800526_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

post-82877-143142802529_thumb.jpg

post-82877-14314280292_thumb.jpgA couple more of the wagon he would not sell and a few more from the same place in west Texas. I was lucky being able to buy five 47 to 53 panels and filled my 30 foot deck over with sheet metal using four truck beds for containers loaded sideways down the length. Notice the bullet holes the length of the Ford all in a row?

post-82877-143142802487_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142802496_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142802865_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142802873_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142802883_thumb.jpg

post-82877-14314280289_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142802897_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142802905_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142802913_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest buickkuhn
I looked a little closer and the carburetors are different than mine had, but it looks like the cleaner bases are still there. Couldn't say if they are the popular ones I mentioned.

I went to this junkyard yesterday and got more pictures if interested , but someone that builds cars (owner told me ) in the area got the radiator and hacked the entire truck up to get it out too . (what a shame to make a buck - oh well ) . I guess that is why it is in the junkyard in the first place ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]277596[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]277597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]277592[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]277605[/ATTACH]

The fellow in Texas would not sell the wagon but I was able to find this original big block Biscayne in New Mexico and bring it home . Now I am storing it and some day it will be a barn find as I have lost interest in the newer cars.

That is a 1954 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country Wagon. I owned one before and loved it. Pretty uncommon with only 1100 examples produced that year. I hesitate to use the word rare - they are rarely seen, but rare in the old car world usually means desirable. I'm not sure if these wagons have attained that level of collectability, though they seem to be gaining in popularity with some collectors.