DB TV commercial

Rogillio

What can you say about this ad.

Quite a lot actually.

It's first class marketing. As with these things historical accuracy comes way down the list because from a marketing point of view it simply doesn't matter.

My brother is a marketing consultant in the City of London - I will show him this and get some insight into the thinking behind it. There is bound to be more to it than we realise.

It was interesting that two of the Dodge family made favourable comments. Other reaction was less favourable but on the whole the comments were positive.

Have they left it too late? How many buyers of the Dodge brand today give a damn about the Brothers; if they even knew they existed and what influence will their legacy have on a new car buyer? The marketing men have their finger on the National pulse. They know that people think the States used to be better in the past and they are tapping into that.

Good luck to them.

Ray.

Seen this a few weeks ago. My son and I were completely blown away...

That Hellcat is the best looking and performing (production) American muscle car since the early 70's in my opinion... Great 100 year promo !

If the Brothers could only see how far things have advanced.

I've had a Hemi and these new Mopar products only begin to cruise at 110mph..., as the video implies: "they begin to really perform when you stretch their legs".

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

The marketing men have their finger on the National pulse. They know that people think the States used to be better in the past and they are tapping into that.

Good luck to them.

Ray.

That's a great point.

American nostalgia on the home soil is more popular than ever before, and most citizens of the US that I talk to are more than happy to focus on those days gone by and gives us hope that we can return to that point again someday. Politics aside, we are in a sweet spot and they are definitely tapping into that nostalgic wave for sure and once we are able to run again as a country financially the sky is the limit.

Cool ad, but not historically accurate...John and Horace died in 1920 before the 20's really started to roar and they were also in their 50s when they died; probably not the types that would go to a party where people swung from the chandelier....it is Great Gatsby fun though.....love the old B & W video!

• 2 weeks later...