Parting out 1946 Chrysler royal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Trans have the 3 solenoids attached to it and if yes, do you know if its a working unit?

I will have to check it to see if it has the 3 solenoids but it may take a day or so because of the lovely weather we are having

today in Penna.

As far as it working I cannot answer that for certain as the car is not running or driving.

Joe, I am thinking that I do not have a pair of correct hood springs as they seem weak and loose.

Any chance you could send a picture of those. Maybe a price you would want?

Thanks, Jack

capyjack@comcast.net

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the inquiry.

I am not sure yet if the hood springs are for sale as I may use them on my other car

which has a weak one and because of that weak spring the hood scraped and scratched the

new paint job on the car. Needless to say I was very upset about that.

But if I see fit to sell them I will certainly contact you.

Thanks, Joe

• 2 months later...
Do you have the oval red Chrysler tag that goes on the firewall?

Yes, I have 2 oval tags for the firewall.

I don't know what you are looking for as far as condition goes but

one is in okay shape and the other is not so okay. But when I am talking condition

I am speaking about the condition of the faces (where the printing is).

The actual physical condition of the tags are excellent - no dents, bends, etc

Joe

Guest MHEWESSR@AOL.COM

Hello. I have a 1948 chrysler new yorker 4 dr sedan. Would any parts from your car fit?

Hello. I have a 1948 chrysler new yorker 4 dr sedan. Would any parts from your car fit?

The ONLY things that will not fit on your car from mine are most mechanical parts. (8 cylinder vs. 6 cylinder)

The 8 cylinder cars had beefier suspensions, etc.

The front fenders and hood will not fit either. The 8 cylinder cars are longer.

But most everything else should fit.

What do you need exactly?

Joe

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Joe,

A month or so ago I was looking for the temperature gauge-- from the dashboard to the sensing tube in the block,  any chance that you will be able to get that out in the next while. Also let me know what the price would be.

Regards

Bruce Watson

tralee@telus.net

Bruce,

I did get the part out from the engine block this weekend but I think it is broken. The sensor "bulb" separated from the nut.

Is that no good? I don't know.

Joe,

If the gauge is in good condition &  the tube to the block is good ,I think if you have the sensor bulb & the nut I may be able to get it repaired.  What price would you be looking for?

Regards

Bruce Watson

tralee@telus.net

Bruce,

I will work on removing the entire setup this week.

Throw a # at me. I have no idea $$$$-wise.

Joe

Joe,  I feel bad that you went to all this trouble but I will have to pass on this one as all my other gauges have the script letters &  I would kick myself if I put this one in & wished later that it just didn't look right.

Regards & many thanks for all your troubles,

Bruce

Joe,  I feel bad that you went to all this trouble but I will have to pass on this one as all my other gauges have the script letters &  I would kick myself if I put this one in & wished later that it just didn't look right.

Regards & many thanks for all your troubles,

Bruce

Not a problem

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lonestar395

Joe, I am looking for dash plastic for my `47 Chrysler Business coupe...see glove box door, speaker grille, instrument cluster surround and end pieces near pillar, are yours the same?

Stuart

2015-07-26%2017.14.38_zpswdjebmmn.jpg

Joe, I am looking for dash plastic for my `47 Chrysler Business coupe...see glove box door, speaker grille, instrument cluster surround and end pieces near pillar, are yours the same?

Stuart

2015-07-26%2017.14.38_zpswdjebmmn.jpg

I will take a look and see if I can get some pics.

Joe

Here is what the dash plastic looks like. I have the glove box door but would have to check it.

I know someone else wanted this early on in my post but I have been negligent in getting the car torn down and responding. I apologize for this.

Now that the weather is cooler I can get into the tent and hopefully get the car apart.

Thanks, Joe

post-98308-0-08236600-1443285992_thumb.j

post-98308-0-26798900-1443286051_thumb.j