1930 Chrysler 66 Timber frame work

For members in Australia mainly

I have recently removed all timber frame work from a 1930 Chrysler 66 4 door sedan. The majority of timber work can be reused with a little tlc, 95% complete frame with some parts needing replacing.

I have it listed on ebay.com.au for $200, can see pics, and if no offers then it will be thrown into the fire place. If thrown into fire place I will have all cast steel brackets from framework for sale

Would be ideal for someone restoring or requiring templates etc.

open to any offer!

Mcgoo

• 2 weeks later...

No problems at all I understand as I have wanted to get stuff from US but postage was more expensive that item. If you want to come and look just let me know.

Unfortunately I need room and if doesn't sell soon will be good firewood.

Thanks Mcgoo. Let me know before you get rid of it, and hopefully i will be able to get to come and view before that. have to travel to europe for three weeks in the next month so wont get to Aussie till December. Tell me, is / was your car fitted with the wind up front window ? if so, are you toing to refit that? if not, i am interested in obtaining the front window lower and side rubbers / seals if they exisit, and the origional radiator cap.

It was originally fitted with the front window that went up and down but unfortunately I have none of the bits apart from glass. I have managed to get an original radiator cap but it took a while and I got one on ebay from US. let me know when your out here.

Just to inform....that cap on Ebay is for a 1931. It is the plain cap when no gazelle cap was ordered. The 1930 is different. Here are the caps to show the difference. The 1931 is the large cap with the indentation on the top. The 1930 cap is the one with the ridge on the top. The 1930 cap will not fit the 1931 radiator inlet. The 1931 cap will not fit the 1930 radiator inlet.

post-37352-143142812722_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142812724_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

It was originally fitted with the front window that went up and down but unfortunately I have none of the bits apart from glass. I have managed to get an original radiator cap but it took a while and I got one on ebay from US. let me know when your out here.

Hi Mcgoo. Hope you still have this in December, as i will be in Aussie then and would like to pick up that windshield glass IF, as 1930 model 66 glass is the same as a 1928 model 65 front windshield glass. Both wind up windows so assume the same?

• 1 month later...
Thanks Mcgoo. Let me know before you get rid of it, and hopefully i will be able to get to come and view before that. have to travel to europe for three weeks in the next month so wont get to Aussie till December. Tell me, is / was your car fitted with the wind up front window ? if so, are you toing to refit that? if not, i am interested in obtaining the front window lower and side rubbers / seals if they exisit, and the origional radiator cap.

Let me know if you coming to OZ and are still interested in looking at timber frame.

Thanks

Mcgoo

• 4 weeks later...