HUBCAPS 1930 DESOTO

Guest Cachorro

Guest Cachorro

Hello everyone ... I'm new to the site. I'm starting to restore a 1930 Desoto Roadster and I'm gonna need your help.

This first time I'm trying to get my wheel cups ... sending a photo model.

It is a car 930 and the diameter of the cup is 6'.

If anyone has any information please send it to me.

Greetings!post-103880-143142784921_thumb.jpg

Guest Cachorro

Sorry!

Hello everyone ... I'm new to the site. I'm starting to restore a 1930 Desoto Roadster and I'm gonna need your help.

This first time I'm trying to get my wheel cups ... sending a photo model.

It is a car 930 and the diameter of the cup is 6'.

If anyone has any information please send it to me.

Greetings!

Guest martylum

Mr. Cachorro:

I have a 30 DeSoto Model CK 6 cylinder roadster with what looks like the same hubcap. If yours is a 6 cylinder CK model it would have had hubcaps with slightly over 7" outside diameter and fit into a wire wheel with a 6.50" diameter hole." De" is the correct logo for a CK model.

Desoto also sold an 8 cylinder model in 1930 with a larger hubcap.

What size hole do your wire wheels have? Original Kelsey wire wheels had the 6.50" hole and attached to the brake drum with 6 bolts.

Marty Lum

1930 Desoto roadster

Guest Cachorro

Hi Marty! thank you very much for your answer.

The tires that came on this model are 5 bolts and the extent of the center is 6'(152 mm.).

While my car is 1930 model, I presume that the rims are of a 1931 model ... anyway I will use the same.

You know where I can get the hub cap for these wheels?

greetings

Cachorro

Hi Cachorro

Marty is right. The US made 1930 DeSoto CK6 had 19" wire wheels with 6 bolt mounting and a 6 1/2" hubcap opening. I have a complete set of 6 unused caps like this. They are for sale for the right price. In my research, I have found that the Canadian cars if ordered with wire wheels (very rare since total production from Windsor was 600 units) came with 18" 5 bolt and a 6" hubcap opening. My theory is that it gave a lower gearing on rough roads.

6" hubcaps with two rings around the "De" are impossible to find, so I had a friend do a 3D image of my 6 1/2" caps , reduce the image to 6" and then machine them on a CNC milling machine from aluminum stock. We then polished them and chrome plated. Not cheap! but sure looks nice.

I do have a set of 6" caps with one ring around the "De" that are for sale, but they would need extensive restoration. Sometimes something is better than nothing

Rick VanOene

1930 DeSoto CK6 6 wheel rumble seat coupepost-65557-143142787683_thumb.jpg

Guest Cachorro

Hi Rick ... good day!

Thank you very much for your reply.

I want to see pictures of the hub cap that is offering me ... like you said ... something is better than nothing !!

Thank you very much again!

Greetings!