Interesting viewpoints.......

Guest onedesertdog

Guest onedesertdog

Tuesday it dipped below 100 degree's, so I took a cruise into town. I stopped at a car wash, washed the Riv and preceded to dry it. A caddy pulls up in the stall and washes his car. A stately man, I'd say about 70. He came over and started telling me Everything about Rivi's. His plate was from Michigan. He was retired and here in Az. for the winter. Retired from the Flint plant. He showed me parts he installed, how he adjust the doors properly with spacers, etc. I asked if he'd like to go around the block real quick. He got in the car before I did.lol.

We got back, and next door to the car wash is a great Mexican food place. He invited me to lunch, and talked and talked about his Buick days. Told me if I wanted to discuss cars to stop by the RV park sometime.

I left feeling great.......

Today, I drove the Riv into town and had lunch at Native New Yorker. The manager saw me pull up, and said to me with no provocation, " Yeah. that was a car to have when ROAD HOUSE came out, but now people could care less. Probably couldn't get anything for them. Just not a car people ever cared about." !!!!

I was speechless.....However, I told him he needed to get out more, and told him to check out a few websites.....

Buddy

Cool story, well at least the first guy you spoke to anyway. It's great that you take it out for everyone to admire. Can't imagine anyone saying what the second guy said to you. It takes all kinds I guess.

I use my 85 Convertible about 3-4 days a week. Always get complements on it, mostly since our cars really stand out at this point.

Its really funny what some people say. One guy told me my car would be nice, if I fixed it up a little. My response was "I think it's pretty nice like it is!" Later, the same guy asked if I would sell it to him. I told him he should look for a nicer one! For the most part people are really appreciative and get a kick out of seeing the old cars. I would have loved to talk to the first guy you mentioned. Sounds like a good Riv day! Thanks for sharing!

Kaber

Its really funny what some people say. One guy told me my car would be nice, if I fixed it up a little. My response was "I think it's pretty nice like it is!" Later, the same guy asked if I would sell it to him. I told him he should look for a nicer one! For the most part people are really appreciative and get a kick out of seeing the old cars. I would have loved to talk to the first guy you mentioned. Sounds like a good Riv day! Thanks for sharing!

Kaber

The guy wanted your car and he put it down first so when he asked to buy it you would have doubts about it's value! I'd have told him that after your

previous comment, yeah I'll sell it to you for one million dollars and not a penny less.

What I like about my 67 is the compliments I get from other car guys, not just civilians. I won two trophies this year, and my car isn't a show car. The first came from a Buick dealer ( I got dealer's choice); I asked him why he gave me the award, he said, 'it's just a cool car"

The second came from a cruise nite; the guy said :"That's just such a cool car".

Go figure.