Identifying Model Years for a Neophyte

Guest bickbenedict

Guest bickbenedict

I am new to Hupmobile identification and need some help. I have discovered a fairly complete Hupmobile near New Braunfels, TX, and I believe that it is a 1929 Model A, but cannot be sure. It appears to be complete with a lot of surface rust, a completely rusted through driver side running board and seats of springs and frames only. It's a four-door, and has headlights that look too small to be correct. There is a numbered plate on the passenger side firewall under the hood-98-60384. Also, there is a number on the driver side cylinder head (six cylinder)-62815. Not interested in owning this car myself--just curious, but I would be happy to direct anyone interested to its location.

Where the steering post is attached to the dash, there if you were sitting in the drivers seat looking down the steering column you will see a brass plate. There should be a letter A followed by several numbers, that is the serial #. If you are able to get back to the car with out to much trouble, post the # and I can tell you the year. Thank you for posting this,some one could probably use some parts.