New Owner

Guest Kiff

I just bought a 64 riv from out of state and am glad to be a riviera owner again, this is my third car had a 63 and 65 back in the early 90's. looking forward to start cruising again.

Congrats on your purchase Kiff! Look forward to seeing pictures of your new ride. I'm not sure if you are an ROA member, but I hope you'll consider joining if you are not. The resources and tech articles will be a big help as you tackle projects and our meet next year is in Illinois. Hope you can make it.

BTW, there is a link in my signature to the club's website.

Congrats on your purchase Kiff! Look forward to seeing pictures of your new ride. I'm not sure if you are an ROA member, but I hope you'll consider joining if you are not. The resources and tech articles will be a big help as you tackle projects and our meet next year is in Illinois. Hope you can make it.

BTW, there is a link in my signature to the club's website.

I was a member of the ROA back in the 90's, looking forward to joining again, great people.

Guest dwhiteside64
I just bought a 64 riv from out of state and am glad to be a riviera owner again, this is my third car had a 63 and 65 back in the early 90's. looking forward to start cruising again.

Hi Kiff and welcome aboard. Where abouts in Michigan did you find your new ride? I'm in Warren, a suburb of Detroit.

Darren

Hi Kiff and welcome aboard. Where abouts in Michigan did you find your new ride? I'm in Warren, a suburb of Detroit.

Darren

The car was in Sterling Heights. I used to live in Canton and moved to the Kansas City area 3 years ago.

Kiff, welcome aboard, the water is fine. I live in Overland Park, KS. Not to far from you - it just so happens that I got my car from the previous owner who lives in Parkville, MO. Also, there are several Riviera owners here in the KC area. You will notice that RivNut lives between us. We are having a little get together in early November (11/1) if you are interested contact RivNut or I for additional information.

Rock On

gord

PS - By the way I used to live in Rochester Hills, MI back in the 90's.

Edited by msdminc
Clarification (see edit history)

You're welcome to join us without bringing a car. If you attend many ROA national events, you'll find the same scenerio. For lots of guys it's either too far to drive or there car isn't drivable. Either way, there are still a lot of attendees who don't have cars. Look at it as a way to familiarize yourself with a lot of cars, take some pictures, and ask quesitons.

Ed

Guest dwhiteside64
The car was in Sterling Heights. I used to live in Canton and moved to the Kansas City area 3 years ago.

Sterling Heights is only a few miles from me and I used to drive through Canton every day to work. Make sure to post pics when the car finally arrives. Have you found a transport service yet?

Sterling Heights is only a few miles from me and I used to drive through Canton every day to work. Make sure to post pics when the car finally arrives. Have you found a transport service yet?

I will surely post some pics when the car finally gets here. Its frustrating trying to get a transporter to come in the direction of Kansas City from Detroit. Seems that the majority of the carriers are transporting michigan to florida route.

Guest dwhiteside64
I will surely post some pics when the car finally gets here. Its frustrating trying to get a transporter to come in the direction of Kansas City from Detroit. Seems that the majority of the carriers are transporting michigan to florida route.

Yes the worst part of my experience was AFTER the sale. While the purchase went smoothly with no real snags, I had a real nightmare trying to find a carrier that could get my car from Texas to my home in a reasonable amount of time. I had to fire one company and ended up paying a premium price just so I could finally get the dang thing! Like they say, money talks, and in the car moving business, the more money, the more they hear you lol. As you're probably aware of, most transport companies contract their truck drivers. There is a national listing showing all the people requiring transport of their vehicles, and the drivers look at this list and decide whether or not a particular job is worth while to them. Such things as distance, routes, and payment offered weighs heavily on which jobs they take. In simplest terms the more money offered, the further they will go out of their way to pick your vehicle up. It's that simple.

Edited by dwhiteside64 (see edit history)

I hear you. My last car was bought in California . Contacted a Florida transporter by name of Gran Turismo- owner Ken Gold. Could not have been a better experience . Car was in my driveway 8 days after I purchased it. The driver was a true professional. Will absolutely use again and highly recommend based on that one experience.

Have you checked the link in Jim Cannon's signature?

Yes thats the company that I finally used. Darren you were right, I just needed to throw some extra money at them to get things going. It will be delivered by the weekend:)