Paint Colors

Guest jef1956

Guest jef1956
post-33736-143142783833_thumb.jpgI need some help in identifing the color of my 39 Chevy. It looks like the color on a 39 chevy truck export blue but i'm not sure any help would be appreciated.

First, I am not a 1939 Chevrolet expert but have owned a 1933 Chevrolet Master 5 Window Coupe for 43 years.

It does appear to be Export Blue which is a commercial vehicle color.

This website has the paint chip colors for a 1939 Chevrolet and lists the Chevrolet codes that should be on a plaque mounted on the car along with other data. Those codes are listed on a second page of this website. http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1939-Chevrolet-pg01.jpg

If you notice the top paint chip sheet that comes up when you type in 1939 Chevrolet covers the years 1937 to 1947 for the NASOM paint. I am not sure if the word Commercial at the top of the sheet means commercial vehicles since there is another sheet below it that specify what appear to be the "Car" colors. Also, when you go to any of the other years between 1937 and 1947, the colors on that commercial sheet do not appear on any of the paint chip sheets and there are some pretty funky colors on this sheet that are most likely for commercial vehicles only.

By the way, nice Buick. My mother bought a new all white exterior 1955 Buick Special 4 door with a black and white interior when I was 5 years old and I used to drive it to high school years later.

Visit my personal website at: www.jakegingervila.wix.com/bobs-vintage-cars-

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Edited by Vila
Add buick comment (see edit history)

Guest jef1956

Thanks for the information, the data plate is gone that's why I don't know what the original color was or this color, but it sure looks like export blue. Thanks again for the input.