Very nice 1939 Special on eBay

39BuickEight

not mine nor do I know anything about it other than what's in the ad, but looks like a very nice car overall, not 100% perfect or original, but very nice

I see it was an originally black car that is now sequoia cream, just like I am doing. Appears to have newer shocks in the rear, and they like the red accents on the exterior. A few incorrect colors here and there, trunk dressing incorrect, missing running board trim, dash is a different shade, but very nice. Looks like it was a body on restoration at some point.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Other-VERY-CLEAN-BUICK-SERIES-40-STRAIGHT-8-MOTOR-EXCELLENT-INTERIOR-VERY-NICE-/281469228711?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4188df96a7&item=281469228711&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I can copy the literature for you. I can't do it tonight because I've got to scan in the page, but I can do it. If the car is being restored to original, why mess that up by painting it a wrong color? You can never go back if you ever want to have it AACA judge or sell it to somebody who knows.

I don't want a black car. I want a really nice Sequoia Creamish 1939 Buick that runs and drives like cars did back then. I'm not going for any sort of award other than my own satisfaction.

Even so, the judging manual says it can be any 1939 color.

I wasn't even looking for a 1939 Buick, I was looking for a pre-war car that appealed to me at a good price, and I found this one 20 miles away.

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)

I don't want a black car. I want a really nice Sequoia Creamish 1939 Buick that runs and drives like cars did back then. I'm not going for any sort of award other than my own satisfaction.

Even so, the judging manual says it can be any 1939 color.

I wasn't even looking for a 1939 Buick, I was looking for a pre-war car that appealed to me at a good price, and I found this one 20 miles away.

Well said, Billy. Well said.

Ben