1929 Chevy Trunk Rack questions

Guest BigDogDaddy

Guest BigDogDaddy

My 80 year old dad recently bought himself a 1929 Chevy 2 dr. sedan street rod. He had always wanted a hot rod / street rod and finally bought one. The car runs and drives great, but it needs some work. I went to Hershey this year and got him all of the interior door handles and window handles and a pair of cowl lights. The hood was missing the sides and I found him a complete hood in Hershey.

Dad wants the car to look mostly stock on the outside that is the reason for the full hood, and cowl lights. He would like to get a trunk for the car. It does not have to be the correct trunk for a '29 Chevy, but I would like to look like it fits on the car. I saw lots of reasonably priced trunk in Hershey, but I had no luck with a trunk rack. I tried to research it online with no definitive answers. I'd like to know how the trunk is mounted on the car and what size it should be. I have seen that some trunks mount on the frame only and some use part of the bumper for support. Does somebody reproduce the rack ? I was thinking of getting a metal trunk because it would be easier and cheaper for me to restore it if need be, and it could be painted to match the car. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil