2015 VA beach meet

carrfixr

The "Old" hotel is under new ownership and will undergo a complete renovation/restoration. Lots of history in the hotel and it will be preserved. Timeline? Not in time for the Meet.

Mickey

That is great to hear, Mickey. Thanks for the update.

As I mentioned the 2006 Meet was really a great experience in a wonderful area with all sorts of sights and sounds. Again I highly recommend to anyone contemplating attending to do so. Ocean, boardwalk, all sorts of Naval museums, aquarium that is superb, etc. All are in the immediate area.

Regards,

Peter.

oh oh another 36B class car! Welcome to an unbelievable large class. I am only 120 miles from this show so intend to be there also. Selma isn't that far either so see you there.

Robert

Not to worry Robert, a 70 Chevelle isn't in 36B, its in 36G. 36B goes to 1969

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, At the first of this thread it states all but brass car trailer parking will be 3 to 4 miles away. Later in the tread did I understand that most of all the trailer parking will be at the show site? If one would prefer on show site trailer parking which day is best to arrive?

• 5 weeks later...
Deb and I are going Bob. Looking forward to seeing you and your wife again. Where else are you going this year?

My 55 Buick just got invited to St John's (the old Meadowbrook). I may do that. Not sure yet. Got to talk to the wife..............Bob

Looks like Charlotte, Va. Beach, Crosley Nationals, Dayton, Hemmings, and Hilton Head for us. Hope we get to see you guys.

Right now Dave, it looks like VB, Keeneland, St. Johns, Macungie, and Kempton (local show but getting bigger and nicer every year). Ault Park would like us back but maybe next year...............Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
a total cost of 55.00 for car registration, on site truck and trailer parking... IMO thats not bad and i am looking forward to my first meet...

That's the spirit, Mitch. I attended the 2006 Virginia Beach Meet and it is absolutely great. You have beach, air show ongoing especially if an aircraft carrier is unloading before coming into port, excellent virginia aqarium, and more.

One has to remember that with many AACA Meet cites the Host Region is at the mercy of who owns the property for either the show, trailer parking, etc. Due to the huge amount of acreage required for meets to be successful and and enjoyable the "Piper must be Paid" and is out of the control of the Host Region or the AACA National.

Peter J.

I have already signed up to judge but I was happy to see that the deadline was delayed until after the Charlotte Meet. On the day after the Charlotte Meet, I intend to register my 1937 Buick for Virginia Beach. Depending on the results in Charlotte, I will know how best to register for Virginia Beach. Hopefully I will be successful in my quest for HPOF Certification in Charlotte and can make an attempt at AACA Original. If not, I guess that one will be going into DPC.

Getting excited now that the show is only a month away. Guess I better wake the old girl up from her winter's sleep.

Any idea as to how many registrations there are?

As of this month there are 238 registered vehicles for our meet. I can see why some are waiting until after Charlotte to register for our meet in order to properly register for class/award you are seeking. I plan on attending Louisville after our meet and won't register for Louisville until I know how I do here. Looking forward to having everyone here in our region, just crossing my fingers for good weather.

Matt

TRAACA

I have already signed up to judge but I was happy to see that the deadline was delayed until after the Charlotte Meet. On the day after the Charlotte Meet, I intend to register my 1937 Buick for Virginia Beach. Depending on the results in Charlotte, I will know how best to register for Virginia Beach. Hopefully I will be successful in my quest for HPOF Certification in Charlotte and can make an attempt at AACA Original. If not, I guess that one will be going into DPC.

DPC for me this year, and I'll be showing in 5 different meets. This is the last class for me to experience. I've done HPOF certified, then Class 19E without being judged, then Class 19E Judged, now DPC. Looking forward to Virginia Beach. Can't wait.

At $25 for the entire three days, the amount for trailer parking is extremely low. Plus, it's on site, as mentioned.

Guest my3buicks

Looking forward to the show, I have a trailer space "rented" but still have not made the decision of I will trailer or drive there.

Re: The trailer parking fee. I've been showing at AACA meets since 2000. While I suppose there were some trailer fees charged at some shows I'm not aware of, I hadn't seen any until maybe 2 years ago. Then they started becoming more common. Almost to be expected.

Virginia Beach put on a perfectly fine show a few years back. It was just South of town and offered FREE trailer parking almost on the show field. It was nice. Now they need $25 from the very members they profess to serve, to bring a car to their show.

From my perspective I see a scenario where the show promoters see a profit motive rather than a more altruistic love of the hobby motive. Lets say an opportunity to increase the club's (and possibly AACA's treasury). The only problem I see with that is that it comes across as feeding on the very people that are carrying the hobby.

I haven't seen, nor do I believe they are made public, any accounting of AACA show finances. And while I understand that the club and it's chapters need finances to survive I can't shake the feeling that trailer parking fees are seen as easy pickings from the very members that support it. I choose to resist..........Bob