2015 VA beach meet

carrfixr

I may have missed a change somewhere but earlier it was said that - " The trailer parking will be split, with brass car parking at the airfield location and others at a location approx. 3-4 miles away" - having my driving direction in hand from the registration packet that I received it only gives directions to the Princess Anne Rd Location - just wanted to be sure which parking location to go to. I am not bringing a brass era car btw. Thank you

Hi Keith,

i believe it was originally set up that way then changed to all trailer parking at the museum. that was great news for me, no shuttling and safer etc...

Mitch

Guest Mark McAlpine

Mitch is correct--all of the trailer parking is at the Military Aviation Museum, the site of the Meet. The Tidewater Region looks forward to seeing everyone next week!

We will be leaving Wed Afternoon for Va. Beach . Going to spend the night on the Eastern Shore and cross over on Thur am. Looking forward to the show immensely. Just checking ... is there anything from here in the Pa. Dutch country I can bring along for you Tidewater folks??? A shoe fly pie?? some scrapple???

We will be leaving Wed Afternoon for Va. Beach . Going to spend the night on the Eastern Shore and cross over on Thur am. Looking forward to the show immensely. Just checking ... is there anything from here in the Pa. Dutch country I can bring along for you Tidewater folks??? A shoe fly pie?? some scrapple???

Maybe some hog maw or souse?

Guest Mark McAlpine

We have over 400 vehicles registered for the Meet (and hope that every one of them makes it!). Right now the weather is looking great for the Meet on Saturday--the forecast is for clear weather and temperatures in the low 70s. We hope everyone has a safe trip and look forward to seeing all of you later this week!

Looks to be a GREAT show...

Antique Cars and Vintage Aircraft !! If you have NOT been to the Military Aviation Museum it is a Must see !! It is worth the trip alone. Could spend a day just looking and reading about the planes on site.

It is a Rural Area where the show is, which is a pro and con. There is not a lot around there other than Farmland !!

I will be there supporting the event, and Volunteering to support the Region AACA hosting the event.

Even if you are NOT showing a car, Come to see the Cars on display as well as the Planes !!

AnniesSS all depends on what you are in the mood for ?? Seafood seems to be the choice of those traveling here to the Oceanfront

I have been here all 40 years of my life, and will gladly throw out some options IF you know what you are looking for and Price level. Some really nice places but run $50 a person, we hit all the mom and pop shops or hole in the walls as I call them. small quaint and superb food and service !! I go for the burgers or steak, wife looks for the seafood.

I am ecstatic to say the least and ready for the show this saturday, looking for 70's and sunny !! Did a dry run this saturday and things went well, so we are ready for the show and everyone attending, both showing and visiting !!

Restaurant reccomendations, good weather, 400 antique cars, and airplanes. The wife and I are super excited to be attending our 1st meet and seeing it all. We are leaving Wednesday morning and arriving in Va. Beach in the afternoon. My best friend will be bringing the car Friday, just getting some details attended to. Did I forget to mention the Beach and Boardwalk. I do not think I could have picked a better 1st event to attend except for maybe Hershey.

Guest my3buicks

Weather looks good for the show, but not so promising bringing a car on an open trailer Thursday or Friday from PA

Hey Matt Never been there before, will have to put that on the list to take wife to one day !! they are only 12 minutes from the Show Field, 20 From the Hotel area... She loves She Crab Soup and Crab anything !!

For Seafood Close by the area Good Reviews of Seafood Around Va Beach Some have menus, pictures, etc...

Upper Echelon (These are the Top 3 in the Area that Locals Pack in to !!)

-Waterman's Surfside Grille One most people like and tend to drift towards

-Rockafeller's Another Hot spot in the area

-Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Saloon Hot S

Local Hangouts

-Nick's Fresh Seafood & Steaks

-CP Shuckers Cafe & Raw Bar

-Baja Cantina

-Rudee's Restaurant & Cabana Bar This is where we tend to drift, small, quaint, no frills, we have had good service, good food, they also have and outside cabana you can sit in and eat, with swing style tables/ sitting area, pretty cool

-Tautog's Restaurant

-Harpoon Larry's Oyster Bar Get the Fish tacos

-Doc Taylor's Good Breakfast, Arrive Early to get a seat

Little farther out But Well Spoken Of (Bring Your Platinum)

-Fire & Vine Woodfire Cuisine

-Ruth's Chris Steak House

-Steinhilber's Thalia Acres Inn

**Not a seafood person as stated above, these are from friends and family that do the water**

Sue and I are on our way with a few members of South Jersey Region. Will be working with Cheif Judge Bob Parrish preparing for our meet in May 2016 at the New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville. :cool:

i am looking forward to your meet next year

Silly question maybe but will there be directions to the show field once I arrive at the hotel?

Driving my entry no trailer. It's hectic along Atlantic Ave sometimes and I get lost easily!

Thank you!

Looking forward to it - see you all there!

Drive carefully.

:cool:

Was at trailer parking last evening and got to meet several early arrivals. Smiling faces - all successfully navigating some rush-hour traffic. What a great site this is! See you all soon.

Terry

Guest my3buicks

All my friends keep asking when I am leaving, I tell them when ever I can find a 7 hour window in the weather - as of now leaving at 6 AM which should be dryish here and getting in VB 2 PM which looks to be dryish. But like the weather, that could change instantly.

All my friends keep asking when I am leaving, I tell them when ever I can find a 7 hour window in the weather - as of now leaving at 6 AM which should be dryish here and getting in VB 2 PM which looks to be dryish. But like the weather, that could change instantly.

Keith,

you might be waiting until tomorrow evening to leave for that 7 hr window

Guest my3buicks
post-30591-143143095182_thumb.jpgI hear you Mitch, it keeps changing by the minute and not for the better - I guess I will leave around 2AM and plan on giving the car the full cleanup. It kills me though as the car has never been driven in the rain (I guess technically it still will not have been lol)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]307184[/ATTACH]I hear you Mitch, it keeps changing by the minute and not for the better - I guess I will leave around 2AM and plan on giving the car the full cleanup. It kills me though as the car has never been driven in the rain (I guess technically it still will not have been lol)

i feel for ya that sucks.....

i am ready to roll tomorrow at 9:30 am

safe travels

post-53783-143143095184_thumb.jpg

Edited by mitch h (see edit history)