1924 buick

Guest heavyhauler

Guest heavyhauler

Hello, I am new to the forum and am wondering if you guys could help me with some questions that I have on a project that I have been slowly working on for quite some time.

My grandpa gave me a 1924 Buick touring car when I was young. The car was completely restored and in great shape before he purchased it. It was stored in his shed for the winter about ten years ago and the snow load on the roof of the shed caused it to collapse and crush my car. I will put pictures on when I can get them uploaded. When we removed the snow/roof metal/trusses off of the car it was actually not as bad as we thought. I started fixing what I could when I had time, but a lot of it was over my head, and I had no idea where to find parts.

The roof of the car is completely destroyed, I still have all of the pieces, and am wondering if I should try to find someone who can remanufacture the framework and materials from the broken pieces, or if I can find something already done? The windshield is gone, I tried to straighten it out, but I could not get the pieces to fit correctly, I believe that one of the uprights are bent which throws everything else off. Lastly, I need to find a radiator cap/temp gauge, as the one that was on it was crushed.

Thank you for any help that you can give me, I would like to get this car up and running again, as it was in excellent condition before all of this happened.

Guest heavyhauler

It is a model 35 I have attached pictures as well. (I hope)

I will work on getting some before pictures, As you can see, the top is destroyed, I should have all of the pieces, I am going to lay them all out and see if I can have the pieces re made. I found some moto-meters I have not found one with a Buick logo, so I think I will keep looking, on the original, was the outer metal crome with a wreath? or smooth? thanks for the replies and help so far.

post-103837-143142784796_thumb.jpg

post-103837-143142784814_thumb.jpg

post-103837-143142784829_thumb.jpg

post-103837-143142784842_thumb.jpg

post-103837-143142784855_thumb.jpg

post-103837-143142784869_thumb.jpg

post-103837-143142784882_thumb.jpg

post-103837-143142784895_thumb.jpg

Edited by heavyhauler (see edit history)

heavyhauler,To fix the window stansions in right possision ,be sure that the brackets inside the cowl is okey,not bent or broken inside the cowl.The radiator skrud seems to be an easy part to fix.

Bob:s Automobilia has a lot of rubber parts that will fit on your window(as well as motometer I Think)He also have the levels if you need for the "ignition-light switch".Be very carefylly with the radiator,will cost a lot to change,therefor you need expert help if anything is bent or broken.Do not change it if it can be repared.Remove all the nails on the top and see what`s wrong,maybe it can be fixed, if straiten it up and strengthen without changing all the wooden parts.

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143142784943_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143142784947_thumb.jpg

post-31268-14314278495_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143142784952_thumb.jpg

Guest heavyhauler

Great, that is probably the route that I will go. I still have to get the original top laid out and go through it, then see what I need. Thanks for the help.