Unbelievable low mileage on this Buick

Guest electralacrosse

Guest my3buicks
Not that uncommon for a low-interest, low-demand, not so old vehicle

Who are you kidding, have you seen what prime examples of these bring when they become avaiable? The demand for good examples of these is still exceptionally good.

Who are you kidding, have you seen what prime examples of these bring when they become avaiable? The demand for good examples of these is still exceptionally good.

Meh. High NADA retail $3637. High KBB private party sale $4861. And that's with the low mileage bonus. It's just a ordinary used car with unusually low mileage. But its not that difficult to find clean '90s cars with low mileage. You just have to do a little hunting. I bought my daughter a 1994 Chevy in 2010 that only had about 20K miles on it for her first 'learner' car. Mint condition. Paid $1600 for it.

I suppose every old car has some peculiar attraction for somebody...

Edited by Wheelnut (see edit history)

I am the BCA 1991-1996 Roadmaster Technical Adviser. I get about one call every two months from owner/club members. Most of the calls have been related to "parts of parts", grain of wheat light bulbs, or water leaks.

The 1994-1996 with the LT-1 reverse flow cooling system are 500,000 mile cars. If the car has not rusted, it is hard to tell a 20,000 mile car from a 120,000 mile car. I have owned two '94 Roadmasters and still have a '94 Impala SS, which is basically the same car. I paid $9,000 for the Chevy about 3 years ago. It is a prime example with 80,000 miles.

These are durable cars, great to drive, and surprisingly easy on fuel. As a group the whole B-body GM line of those years has a great online following and support group. Here is their forum : http://www.impalassforum.com/. Scroll down to the sections for RM's, wagons, Caprices, and Fleetwoods............. if you dare.

Bernie

Bernie, keep that information to yourself before everyone realizes how good these cars are. I purchased a 1993 sedan a year and half ago for my son to learn to drive. It gets 18+ miles to the gallon and more on a trip. When I drive it people tend to get out of my way as they think an old man is driving it, wait I am getting to be an old man.

I've had six Jaguars over the last ten years and I ALWAYS agree with any horror stories about them. I'm doing my best to keep the price down, however I keep selling them to guys a little nutsier than I am.

My style Chevy hasn't been used as a cop car in years, but I do notice an air of caution when I approach from behind.

post-46237-143142782246_thumb.jpg Wrong make but here's the concept:

Bernie

All funeral cars will be low mileage. It is the nature of the industry. They just don't see the daily use of everyday cars.

I I wouldn't mind having one, but as this city seems to think all that remains on the roads are bicycles and subcompacts it would be a bit inconvenient in my day to day getting around.

Guest my3buicks
Guest my3buicks

Of course there is always an exception, but the flashier and more loaded one of these are the better the price, most people want the woodgrain. Of course the Later LT1 equipped ones are more desireable than the earlier ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...