1956 Buick Special 4 door

southpaw52

Hi all,

An acquaintance asked if I would post this for him. The car is located in Sherwood, Oregon, and from the pictures looks pretty good for the price. He's asking $4500. He has a clear title. He said it's a runner. He's interested in moving it out of his shop and re-claiming the space it's taking up. If you have questions, please contact Jerry. jerrysharp@frontier.com

Thanks,

Annepost-98451-143142779582_thumb.jpg

post-98451-143142779553_thumb.jpg

post-98451-14314277956_thumb.jpg

post-98451-143142779565_thumb.jpg

post-98451-14314277957_thumb.jpg

post-98451-143142779574_thumb.jpg

post-98451-143142779578_thumb.jpg

I wrote the man. There were two problems that scared me a little. Of course I'm easily scared. I'm still very interested, but the shipping kills me. It cost me $950 last year to ship a car only a little less than 900 miles. Oregon would be about three times that much to Florida. This looks like a nice car.

Went to look at this 56 today. A very solid car that was sitting cold but started easy and ran quiet and smooth. The chrome has very minor pitting but is straight and the stainless is nice. The windshield has some minor delaminating on the bottom of the passengers side but the rest of the glass is good. It looks like some sort of repaint or clear coat at some time and there is some checking and minor wear through at the top of the rear driver's fender. The rocker panels look good as well as the frame and trunk. There is some minor mildew starting on the headliner above the passenger rear door. The dash looks good and the gauges worked. All in all a pretty nice starting point for anyone wanting a 56 hardtop.

Here in the Northwest it isn't too uncommon for a car to develop mildew just from sitting outside with the condensation of the heating and cooling cycles during sunny winter days (Northwest sunny winter days is an oxymoron). This car was parked outside for about two years up until recently. The passenger front door doesn't latch and is being held in place by a bungee cord so it is probably a combination of contributing factors but it really didn't smell all that musty inside.