Front knee action arms, replace or repair. 37 Pontiac

GarageStudios

All,

I am in the process of restoring my front suspension , I have rescued the the a-arms, springs and the misc parts... Now reviewing the top knee action arms that sit atop of the frame.

One on the arms move only 3-4 inches up and down then has a hard stop.. The other moves well more then that and is very stiff. I am unsure which is correct.

I would like to try and rescue them, but if I have to replace them, where? And what part would be almost identical? Is it only the bolt pattern and space I need to ensure?

all advice welcome and appreciated..

post-74294-143142778425_thumb.jpg

Edited by CDN224 (see edit history)

thanks, I have reached out to them, and have the part numbers; the info was in my manual but the section is only a small paragraph. It doesn't say much about maintenance.

has anyone ever done their own repairs? I can refill them but now curious as to what / how they look like inside, could be an easy fix, alignment etc... Thoughts?

Or, does anyone have a manual for servicing ACDelco 1947C - 1947D

My manual is very limited, but I found an Oldsmobile that shows the guts of these... May help? http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/Olds/1940/Service/40OldsShopManual-Complete.pdf

Thanks, yes I have now found that these are lever shocks, Delco type. I'm learning fast :). This forum has helped me with a lot of questions regarding my project..

im hoping I can re oil them with hydrolic fluids, I found a cutaway diagram, looks simple to open up but will use caution and more researching before I decided.

one of them works ok, the other is the bothersome one, has no smooth motion, and seems to feel like no oil in it... I'll keep all updated on this restore and take detailed pictures.