zephyr hand brake cables sources?

Beltfed

I'm just finishing up the rear end rebuild on the 38. I'm missing everything from the hand brake to and including the levers or actuators or whatever you call them inside the drums. I have been looking at "Mac's" for Ford parts that will work. Has anyone done this job? Does anyone know 1. Length of cable from hand lever to the hand brake equalizer, 2. Length of the two cables running from the equalizer to the drums, 3. If Ford actuators will work for my application. Any other usefull information would be appreciated. Please help me to not shade tree engineer this. I live in the mountains of East Tennessee and that makes a hand brake necessary.

BTW, this car has been converted many years ago by a previous PO to juice brakes so the info I need would apply to a '39 or later.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HARRILL1
I'm just finishing up the rear end rebuild on the 38. I'm missing everything from the hand brake to and including the levers or actuators or whatever you call them inside the drums. I have been looking at "Mac's" for Ford parts that will work. Has anyone done this job? Does anyone know 1. Length of cable from hand lever to the hand brake equalizer, 2. Length of the two cables running from the equalizer to the drums, 3. If Ford actuators will work for my application. Any other usefull information would be appreciated. Please help me to not shade tree engineer this. I live in the mountains of East Tennessee and that makes a hand brake necessary.

BTW, this car has been converted many years ago by a previous PO to juice brakes so the info I need would apply to a '39 or later.

Thanks

I Live in Morristown, TN and have some '41 Continental emergency cables can have if you can come and pick up. 423 839-1298

Joe Harrill