"65 trunk emblem ?

Chefcg1

When I got my "65 riviera a coupl weeks a go it was missing the rear trunk emblem/ monogram. It is the one with the spad tabs. My question is, what do you use to hold it in place? Are there special clips for the tabs? Just trying to see if I need to order something to attach the emblem when I purchase a new emblem. Thanks.

I`m assuming a spad is a spade or blade type stud? There are inserts which go into the hole in the body before inserting the emblem. The same concept as a "barrel clip".

Tom Mooney

Yep that's what I'm talking about. Do they come with a new emblem? I've looked at several on ebay, old buick.com, and several other sights, but I never see the clips mentioned ? Source for clips?

Hey Chef! Had a similar problem..... after inserting the spades into the slots, I secured the badge with a small blob of GOO on the backside of each spade......it's not going anywhere and will be easy to remove without damaging anything. Drew

Hey Chef! Had a similar problem..... after inserting the spades into the slots, I secured the badge with a small blob of GOO on the backside of each spade......it's not going anywhere and will be easy to remove without damaging anything. Drew

Good idea. I ordered one today from OPGI.com, supposedly it comes with the proper clips....we shall see.

Will do.

I saw on OPGI.com they have kits for emblem installation. Hard to tell from the picture, but the ones on the bottom of the kit look like they may be for tab style emblems.

https://www.opgi.com/riviera/1965/emblems/aftermarket-emblems/K22519/

I also see emblem script clips on ebay. I would have to measure the tab to see what size would work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/240-pcs-12-sizes-Buick-Cadillac-Chevy-emblem-name-plate-script-clips-assortment-/130906804070?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AChevy+II&hash=item1e7aa74f66&vxp=mtr

Edited by Chefcg1 (see edit history)