1927 model 29 town brougham

Roger Barrett

We just brought in a 27/29. Nevada desert survivor, rough. Could be restored with unlimited time and money resources. I will probably have to break it up and save a few goodies, but I hate to do that to such a rare model. We have not dug out all the parts stuffed into the body but it looks pretty complete. Not run since 1939. I would just about give this thing to anyone who wants to save it. If I have to cut it up there are good parts to help other Buicks survive. Any interest? Please let us know.

Roger

We got the car disgorged today. Sure enough, most of the missing stuff was in there, including the landau irons from behind the rear window. Most of the engine parts were in the rear seat area. Found the headlight bar but not the lights themselves. Too bad, because they had the rare nickel trim bands. Also the dash clock is missing. The odometer shows just over 11000 miles.

AzBob, the heat riser was there and not cracked. Will need some TLC. We will have to carefully remove it from the manifold and the throttle shaft is locked up. Wheel hardware we can also help with.

H.H. from Melbourne, we have a couple of distributors. One came with the recent arrival, looks like it will work. I have another that we took off a running 1926 sedan we converted to a 1928 distributor. The problem is it is seized in the generator rear casting. This is not unusual. I may cut the iron casting away from the distrib to save it. We have converted a lot of these cars to the 1928 distributor because they are made of iron so are not prone to the problems the pot metal ones have. Also, the points, rotors, caps, and parts are easy to get and cheap. These distributors come up for sale on eBay and swap meets. If you want the correct pot metal 1927 unit I think we can help.

Anyone interested email me at bcanumber99@yahoo.com or call me at 530 863 seven five seven nine.

Roger & Erik

We got the car disgorged today. Sure enough, most of the missing stuff was in there, including the landau irons from behind the rear window. Most of the engine parts were in the rear seat area. Found the headlight bar but not the lights themselves. Too bad, because they had the rare nickel trim bands. Also the dash clock is missing. The odometer shows just over 11000 miles.

AzBob, the heat riser was there and not cracked. Will need some TLC. We will have to carefully remove it from the manifold and the throttle shaft is locked up. Wheel hardware we can also help with.

H.H. from Melbourne, we have a couple of distributors. One came with the recent arrival, looks like it will work. I have another that we took off a running 1926 sedan we converted to a 1928 distributor. The problem is it is seized in the generator rear casting. This is not unusual. I may cut the iron casting away from the distrib to save it. We have converted a lot of these cars to the 1928 distributor because they are made of iron so are not prone to the problems the pot metal ones have. Also, the points, rotors, caps, and parts are easy to get and cheap. These distributors come up for sale on eBay and swap meets. If you want the correct pot metal 1927 unit I think we can help.

Anyone interested email me at bcanumber99@yahoo.com or call me at 530 863 seven five seven nine.

Roger & Erik

Is there any difference between the various years asides from outer casing? I'd probably be looking for a complete unit as the rotor/caps if available, as it can take a while between them coming up here in Aus

The 26 and 27 are the same, pot metal case and carbon brush type rotor. 28 is all different with cast iron case, more modern style points and air gap rotor. I think the same unit was used in 29. At some time they went to dual points around then. For 26/27 I have caps and rotors and I think I can assemble a complete serviceable unit. 28 I am out of. I will seewhat's we can do, stay tuned for details.

regards, Roger and Erik

The 26 and 27 are the same, pot metal case and carbon brush type rotor. 28 is all different with cast iron case, more modern style points and air gap rotor. I think the same unit was used in 29. At some time they went to dual points around then. For 26/27 I have caps and rotors and I think I can assemble a complete serviceable unit. 28 I am out of. I will seewhat's we can do, stay tuned for details.

regards, Roger and Erik

Thanks mate, I would be more interested in a 26/27 - if you had a 28 as well I'd consider picking it up as a spare just in case as well