1939 Packard V12 rumble seat coupe model 1707?

DCE

I am looking for some information regarding the above vehicle. I am new to the Packards and need to know a fair value for this car. It is in reasonable unrestored condition but needs some TLC. Any comments would be much appreciated. The range from low to high would be very helpful.

Thanks

You've posted a question about one of the more valuable vehicles out there, that's for sure. I believe less than 10 such models were built in 1939 (V12 coupes). Only a few exist.

Is this a known car that's gone through an auction within the last 10 years or so? There have been a couple, and they've brought outstanding prices.

Low? If the car was all there, running, and decent as you say (and if it's in "reasonable unrestored condition" it may very well be that it shouldn't be restored), 50K would be a bargain. In restored condition, or excellent original condition, three times that, or more.

There's documentation on the Internet of prices paid for such a car, so it's an easy search. You say you're new to Packards, does that mean you're looking to buy this car from someone? It would be a great acquisition.

You've posted a question about one of the more valuable vehicles out there, that's for sure. I believe less than 10 such models were built in 1939 (V12 coupes). Only a few exist.

Is this a known car that's gone through an auction within the last 10 years or so? There have been a couple, and they've brought outstanding prices.

Low? If the car was all there, running, and decent as you say (and if it's in "reasonable unrestored condition" it may very well be that it shouldn't be restored), 50K would be a bargain. In restored condition, or excellent original condition, three times that, or more.

There's documentation on the Internet of prices paid for such a car, so it's an easy search. You say you're new to Packards, does that mean you're looking to buy this car from someone? It would be a great acquisition.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Someone purchased the vehicle last night so my research is no longer required. The owner was asking $50,000.

• 2 months later...